Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Palette changing maybe
The camaro show 07:46 AM 05-16-2019
So idk if this is normal but I feel like my palette is changing. I’ve been smoking cigars since October and was really liking medium body sticks and found I like coco, pepper and earth manly. The last few sticks I have had that I used to love I found I didn’t like as much and tasted way different then the first time I had them. I had a full bodied stick (series V) and liked it much better then the (Series O)I used to prefer. Not sure if I like that or not since most of my sticks are lighter bodied. I also have been smoking just about everyday compared to maybe 2 a week when I was back at school would that change it?
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:55 AM 05-16-2019
It could be your palette — our bodies and likes/dislikes change over time. But, it could also be that the cigars have changed. Maybe a different lot of tobacco, or the cigars changed during storage in your humidor.

There are a lot of factors at play here. You might give those same cigars another chance down the road. And, use this time to try different cigars as well. Just my :-)
[Reply]
markem 08:20 AM 05-16-2019
When first getting into cigars, you can expect the palette to evolve as your adjust to different types of cigars. Early on, IMO, your mind rules expectations but later your tastes help your mind to find what works best for you.

Try not to get into a pattern of all full-bodied, all medium, etc. Keep the palette alive by choosing a wide variety. For example, in the morning, with coffee, I prefer a lighter smoke. If I only have one per day, then I will go for something towards full-bodied. Lots of medium-bodied smokes in my collection, tho.
[Reply]
The camaro show 08:26 AM 05-16-2019
I keep 2 humidors one which is every non cuban I have at 68 rh and my small cuban humidor for my Cubans at 62 rh.
[Reply]
Up