Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Health and Fitness>Complexes
Victor808 01:09 PM 08-05-2014
Ok.... A fitness coach from my old team posted this a week ago:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...edded_physique

I thought... what the hell, it was going to be a cardio day anyway.

Did a couple of the complexes, kept the weight light. I was sweating like a pig after them. My @ss and hamstrings have been sore for days.

Anyone else try these, or similar complexes out? I'm kind of digging them.
[Reply]
Victor808 02:28 PM 08-06-2014
As an update...
The Cosgrove Evil 8 ..... definitely good. I've done two days of it... at about 60lb. I think I could go heavier pretty easily, but those Good Mornings at the end are a real risk for my back.

Tumminello's Weight Plate .... Tried this one last night. OOOOOOOF. Granted, I'd just done a set of the Cosgrove, but I tried it with 45lb first... no way in hell. Overhead squats with that plate felt unstable, and then I tried the diagonal chops. No way in hell. I dropped the weight to 35lb, managed to struggle through a few sets, but was on my back gasping after a couple. Could not finish all 5x through.

Waterbury's Submission complex - This one is ok. I ran it with 30lb barbells I think... not much of a problem, and was able to complete a Cosgrove complex afterwards still. The big issue I have with this complex is positioning your hands in a Good Morning when you don't have a bar is a challenge. I didn't feel like my form was great.

Definite winner is the Tumminello. I need to try it again with a 25lb plate next time to see if I can simply finish it.
[Reply]
bonjing 09:29 AM 12-05-2014
Been adding this to my routine now. Instead of my normal full body on Monday I do this plus 30min on the elliptical. After the first set I have to do the rest backwards as I just drop halfway through the set. Don't want to drop when I have the bar on my back.
[Reply]
Victor808 01:59 PM 01-05-2015
I found it really helped with my shoulders...

On a related note, I was just reading this:
http://www.t-nation.com/training/4-d...orms-of-cardio

... I'm thinking of adding the Total Body HIIT Circuit listed in that article for fun.
[Reply]
T.G 02:44 PM 01-05-2015
Vic, when I saw "Complexes" and you as the author, something else entirely different came to mind.:-)
[Reply]
Victor808 03:16 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
Vic, when I saw "Complexes" and you as the author, something else entirely different came to mind.:-)
As it should. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:06 AM 01-28-2015
Yep.....I'm gonna add these on to 'off' days and swim days.

Thanks for the links.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:19 PM 02-19-2015
SO I have been adding these on at the end of my workouts. Brutal.....I cannot get past 3 sets. Shaking like a leaf.
[Reply]
Victor808 03:30 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by hammondc:
SO I have been adding these on at the end of my workouts. Brutal.....I cannot get past 3 sets. Shaking like a leaf.
These are good. I like the Cosgrove one personally... I can get through it without feeling like I'm putting too much strain on my back. I noticed my shoulders thickened up a bit with it.

I did the Total Body HIIT Circuit a few times, but haven't enjoyed it enough to make it a regular thing. Plus, some days I really need a low impact elliptical. I'm old.
[Reply]
Up