Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Tea Discussion>TEA: What are you Drinking?
Emjaysmash 08:23 PM 07-23-2019
Drinking some Twinnings Lapsang Souchong I bought today... smoky goodness!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:26 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by emjaysmash:
drinking some twinnings lapsang souchong i bought today... Smoky goodness!
M.J.! :-) :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:16 AM 07-24-2019
Drinking Pomegranate husk and candied ginger tea I brought back from Israel. Not sure the formal name for this tea.

Needs to be simmered in boiling water for 5 minutes or so to get all the flavor out of it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:30 AM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Drinking Pomegranate husk and candied ginger tea I brought back from Israel. Not sure the formal name for this tea.
Actually it's all pomegranate, the candied piece are pomegranate.

I have a candied ginger rolled in turmeric that can be used as a tea. Tastes good, but looks like piss... I use it more for cooking or snaking instead of tea.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:52 PM 09-13-2022
Time to revive this good thread:-)

On my third cup of Yunnan “Black Gold” Bi Luo Chun black tea. Tasty:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:39 PM 09-16-2022
Recently tried a Hojicha Latte that was amazing.
[Reply]
physiognomy 12:56 PM 09-17-2022
I’ve been enjoying Barry’s Gold Blend lately. Solid Irish black tea.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 01:31 PM 09-17-2022
I drink a lot of tea but its all Lipton iced tea. I make it fresh daily reg. (2) 20 oz cups at lunch. Then I make fresh Decaf at night (1) cup at night with my cigars!

I have really been meaning to start trying some hot tea for breakfast. I used to drink coffee everyday, but was killing my acid reflux so I quite years ago and miss it!

What would you recommend for a morning cup that is strong, rich with some sweetness?
[Reply]
physiognomy 03:20 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
… What would you recommend for a morning cup that is strong, rich with some sweetness?
A British or Irish black would be a good place to start. Taylor’s Yorkshire Tea (I like the red blend), Barry’s I mentioned above, PG Tips Extra Strong, etc. You might find some of these at a Cost Plus World Market, but also easy on Amazon. If you have an Indian food store near you, these also carry imported tea. You’ll find even the Lipton yellow label blows our U.S. stuff away.

If your interested in whole-leaf tea, there are amazing Assams (rich, malty, and sweet) or Yunnan blacks that take things to the next level, imho.

https://yunnansourcing.us/collections/black-tea
https://www.uptontea.com/black-tea/c/assam-tea
[Reply]
sigsauer 06:36 PM 09-17-2022
Lung ching organic
[Reply]
sigsauer 06:37 PM 09-17-2022
Jasmine dragon phoenix pearl organic

CHINA LYCHEE

CHINA SHOU MEI WHITE TEA PEARL
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:23 PM 09-17-2022
Anybody add milk to your tea
[Reply]
physiognomy 07:54 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
Anybody add milk to your tea
Sometimes. I’ll add a splash to black tea if I feel like it or if steeped a bit long.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up