Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Reviews>McClelland Blue Mountain
hammondc 05:03 PM 09-28-2012
Anyone had this? The guy at the pipe shop was RAVING about it. Seriously about to poop himself talking about it. Of course, he did not have it in stock. I was considering ordering a ounce or two, but thought I'd get some opinions before I buy something I'll not smoke.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:16 AM 09-29-2012
At this time no, I've not burned any. Balkan Sobranie #759 was the benchmark that BM was blended to be similar to. I noticed it recently at http://pipesandcigars.com/mcblmopito50.html and looked interesting, but...

I decided to go with a 2oz tin of H&H Marquee Black House blended by Russ Ouelette http://pipesandcigars.com/chpish20bl2t.html and will be trying it out next week.

I don't know if your local tobacconist has BM in bulk or what a tin may cost there, but P&C has it for $10 a tin:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 04:05 PM 09-29-2012
I may have to check it out. No one around that I know of has it in bulk or tin. San Antonio is VERY weak when it comes to pipe tobacco. Nearly every cigar can be had, but pipe is tough to get.
[Reply]
physiognomy 06:46 AM 09-30-2012
I'm smoking my way through a tin right now & have noticed some significant (positive) changes since I first opened the tin at the start of the month. It's smoother, more balanced... Hard for me to describe, but an altogether different smoke. I suggest that letting this leaf get some air for a week or two brings the best out in it. I (now) agree that BM is a very good blend (nothing like aged BS No.759 imho) & you won't be disappointed.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:01 PM 03-30-2013
FInally found a tin a couple weeks ago. Random cigar shop in my old home town while I was in town for a visit. Snatched it up and opened it for some breathing. I shall fire it up in the morning.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:02 PM 03-30-2013
actually, I am going to have some tonight while prepping the smoker.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:21 PM 03-30-2013
Looking forward to your thoughts on the blend:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 06:06 PM 04-15-2013
Forgot about this. I really really like it. It is very very fragrant and has a sort of perfume smell to it that my wife likes. A latakia bomb with surprisingly little bite.
[Reply]
Up