Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Discussion>Favorite loose leaf?
crazyirishman 11:42 AM 01-08-2012
I really enjoy a Vanilla Creme Earl Gray that I purchased from Teavana.

The bitterness of the black tea is very nicely balanced out with bits of cornflower and vanilla that brew together to create a very nice golden tea.

My opinion of the best method for brewing: 2tsp of tea in a spoon strainer left still in a cup of just-under boiling water (pull the pot when you can hear the water hissing inside, but before the pot screams at you). I find that water in full boil makes the tea too bitter for my particular tastes. Stir the strainer 12 times to agitate the oils from the tea which should be visible as having settled at the bottom of the cup. I personally enjoy this tea without sugar, but I'd recommend not adding more than a tsp of sugar, as it gets far too sweet (again, according to my palate).
[Reply]
sikk50 01:08 AM 01-17-2012
I've been really enjoying Tao of Tea 500 Mile Chai Tea lately! Milk and sugar with a light(!) cigar is a really good mix. I find it gives the cigar a much sweeter taste.

I've also been drinking a lot of Teavana French spice Quartet, buuut there's two BIG problems for me! The price point sucks and the tea's favors are far too strong to pair with a cigar. For whatever reason my cigars begin tasting like my tea. But alone, it's very good with a tea spoon of honey (the kind that comes in the beat bc when you put him in the micro wave to warm his innards his face deforms funny like).
[Reply]
Bill86 01:20 AM 01-17-2012
Earl Grey Creme and Mandarin Silk thus far.

Teavana has one called "Capital of Heaven Keemun" that was pretty good. But as stated Teavana's price points really suck. I think I paid $21 or so for 2 oz's. It would be $144 for a pound. Way out of my budget.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:17 AM 01-17-2012
I really need to get more interest in this again. My favorite loose leaf tea thus far has been Russian Caravan.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 12:28 PM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Earl Grey Creme and Mandarin Silk thus far.

Teavana has one called "Capital of Heaven Keemun" that was pretty good. But as stated Teavana's price points really suck. I think I paid $21 or so for 2 oz's. It would be $144 for a pound. Way out of my budget.
I agree on the price.

There's just not a lot of variety for vendors in my area. Kinda sucks.
[Reply]
Periferius 02:46 PM 11-14-2012
Java OP Superior Malabar
[Reply]
Up