Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Discussion>Tea Slope
BPCR 09:22 AM 01-03-2010
Well here goes ... been a cigar smoker for a good long while and it just seemed like the thing to do was explore the world of tea and coffee. When i was at the mall i got some things... not much just what i thought i needed to get started. Was just wondering what you all though i should start with. I am a earl grey fan and love just plain old arizona sweet tea when i am out for a ride in the vette. Any sugestions would be awsome and if anyone wants to do a trade for a sampler for some cigars then hit me up......:-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 07:07 AM 01-04-2010
Check out http://www.adagio.com/ I use them for almost all my tea that doesnt come in K-Cups. The Earl Grey Bravo is a great starter to loose leaf heaven. Also, tea pairs WONDERFULLY with cigars.
[Reply]
baldanders 07:23 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Check out http://www.adagio.com/ I use them for almost all my tea that doesnt come in K-Cups. The Earl Grey Bravo is a great starter to loose leaf heaven. Also, tea pairs WONDERFULLY with cigars.
Another one going down the slope.Just ordered the starter set.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 07:42 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by baldanders:
Another one going down the slope.Just ordered the starter set.
Their starter kit is fab, the ingenuiTea is great and the give you some great samples to learn from!!! Welcome to the TClub
[Reply]
baldanders 07:54 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Their starter kit is fab, the ingenuiTea is great and the give you some great samples to learn from!!! Welcome to the TClub
ingenuiTea should give you a kickback!
[Reply]
Zanaspus 09:45 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by BPCR:
Well here goes ... been a cigar smoker for a good long while and it just seemed like the thing to do was explore the world of tea and coffee. When i was at the mall i got some things... not much just what i thought i needed to get started. Was just wondering what you all though i should start with. I am a earl grey fan and love just plain old arizona sweet tea when i am out for a ride in the vette. Any sugestions would be awsome and if anyone wants to do a trade for a sampler for some cigars then hit me up......:-)
It's just like cigars. You never know until you try. Adagio is a good suggestion as is Specialteas. Also, learn to brew gong fu style, it's a real eye opener.

To do so, I would suggest buying an inexpensive gaiwan. The concept is rather than some leaf for 5 minutes as many westerners do is to use a small vessel with enough leaf to fill the vessel once hydrated and do several re-steeps (note green and oolong do better than blacks for this as most blacks have little staying power). Rather than 5 minutes, consecutive steeps of say, 15, 10, 15, 20....seconds. It's amazing what this does for many teas.
[Reply]
baldanders 06:23 PM 01-06-2010
WOOT! My starter set from http://www.adagio.com/
showed up today think I'll go try it out.
[Reply]
baldanders 08:55 PM 01-06-2010
Made my first 2 cups of Irish Breakfast with my new ingenuiTea. makes a great cup of tea and can't wait to try the other teas that came in my starter set. They running a special so got 6 sample tins instead of 4. Asked my birthday and also sent sample tins of Capricorn and a birthday blend. That was a heck of a deal for $22.75
[Reply]
Up