Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 97 of 196
« First < 4787959697 9899107147 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
gorob23 12:39 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The B519, Ben? If so, it be delicious. :-)

I put two ounces of good or better bottles in my infinity. I'm waiting until it's full (34 oz capacity) before I'll taste it, and then I'll add some of the stuff that's dwindling.

Eagle Rare 90
Westward Single Malt 100
Bulleit Rye 90
High West Double Rye 92
SA Contradiction 92
Bulleit Barrel Strength 125
Four Roses Sng Barrel 100
Colonel Taylor BiB 100
Blanton’s 93
EC BP A119 135
Knob Creek Cask 120
Little Book Ch 2 120

ask Pippy what he poured for me and Trent on our 2017 visit. It was great :-) and I don't like the stuff but I have no clue what it was or where to get it :-)
so pass the rum instead :-)

Peace in and Out

Rob :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:06 AM 01-13-2020
Went to a cigar bar yesterday and figured I'd re-try a few of the staples that I haven't had in a while, Knob Creek Basil Hayden and Makers Mark 46. I don't know if I've every actually had the 46 before but I really enjoyed it, the KC was nothing too special but the Basil Hayden happened to mix perfectly with an HU Connie 1 I was smoking, that pairing won the afternoon :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:30 AM 01-13-2020
How many of you are going to the cigar/whiskey fest in Ft Lauderdale in early April? Figured to give it a try instead of Big Smoke Vegas in November.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:08 AM 01-13-2020
You should come to cigar and whiskey fest in Illinois, Hugh. It's happening in my basement on any date you show up. :-) :-) :-)

Never had the MM46 either, Ben, might have to try a pour now.

Last night I cracked my newest bottle:

[Reply]
stearns 09:17 AM 01-13-2020
Heard nothing but good about New Riff, never seen it available around here but I'd love to hear your thoughts

I was a bit surprised about the 46 as well, I'm heavily leaning towards wheaters recently so I guess I should have expected I would like it. Not super complex by any means but I could easily drink a few drams of that every day :-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:36 AM 01-13-2020
You should come to cigar and whiskey fest in Illinois, Hugh. It's happening in my basement on any date you show up. :-) :-) :-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
gorob23 12:33 PM 01-13-2020

Never had the MM46 either, Ben, might have to try a pour now.

Last night I cracked my newest bottle:

Be careful my calendar is open :-)

[Reply]
stearns 01:18 PM 01-13-2020
This will be the year I start finally utilizing my virginia family for some ABC lotteries, starting this week :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 02:20 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
Heard nothing but good about New Riff, never seen it available around here but I'd love to hear your thoughts
Thanks for the thoughts on the 46. :-)

Really like the New Riff Bib bourbon, Ben. While I like the SiB Rye, it's not as spicy as I had hoped. I'm inclined to try the regular rye next. But all in all, great bourbons for the price.

Originally Posted by stearns:
This will be the year I start finally utilizing my virginia family for some ABC lotteries, starting this week :-)
I'll be rooting for you, and rooting that you get doubles of one and wanna sell it to be for Valentine's Day. :-)

Originally Posted by gorob23:
Be careful my calendar is open :-)

Coincidence…. so is my guest room and smoking dungeon. :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 04:44 PM 01-13-2020
Just picked up a bottle of Yellowstone last night. Really enjoyed my first pour.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:07 PM 01-13-2020
You should come to cigar and whiskey fest in Illinois, Hugh. It's happening in my basement on any date you show up. :-) :-)
It's a deal!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:06 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
Just picked up a bottle of Yellowstone last night. Really enjoyed my first pour.
That one has peaked my curiosity, Ray, what can you tell us about it please? :-)

Originally Posted by hotreds:
It's a deal!
Sweet! :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 11:32 PM 01-13-2020
That one has peaked my curiosity, Ray, what can you tell us about it please? :-)
Hmmm....I'm not very good at describing and picking out notes yet. Initial aroma is brown sugar/maple syrup with an undertone I can't quite make out. This is going to sound really strange, but it reminds me of the way my Great Aunt's house used to smell.
It's only 93 proof but packs a little more heat than the other bourbons I've had so far. Flavors......I don't know.....it just tastes like whiskey lol, but I like it. Told you I'm not good at this haha.
[Reply]
stearns 07:42 AM 01-14-2020
Sounds like a review I would write... tastes like whiskey but good whiskey

I'm weak and stopped by my shop on the way home yesterday to get their bottle of RC6, haven't cracked it yet but I'm sure I will soon. They did have a bottle of Old Forester 1910 that I was very tempted on, but managed to say no.

Got home and had a pour of 1792 Full Proof, opened that one the other night. When I tried it the first time I thought it was too hot and ethanoly to be able to drink neat (125 proof), yesterday it seemed to be a bit more mellow. Still on the hot side but the aroma seemed improved and small sips didn't ruin the pallet. Towards the end I did put a few drops of water in which helped take away the numb tongue feeling but didn't do too much for the flavor. Not my favorite, I don't know if it's because I usually drink lower proof stuff (around 100 seems to be my sweet spot currently) but it struck me as just alright. Maybe I'll have another pour tonight over an ice cube or two to see if that helps bring anything out
[Reply]
icehog3 08:26 AM 01-14-2020
Thanks for the review, Ray, it's all good. :-)

Ben, I have become a big fan of the quality high proof stuff. Hopefully it doesn't put a whole in my stomach. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:35 PM 01-14-2020
You should come to Madison Tom! http://distillamerica.com/
[Reply]
icehog3 05:00 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
You should come to Madison Tom! http://distillamerica.com/
To see you I will!:-)

If it's for bourbon, I'll go visit the Kentucky guys. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 06:16 PM 01-14-2020
Plenty of bourbon here.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:05 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Plenty of bourbon here.:-)
The pleasure of your company outweighs any love of bourbon. :-)

Unless it's Pappy 23 :-) :-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:17 AM 01-20-2020
Grabbed a Larceny store pick on Saturday, cracked it last night and it tasted like straight up pistachios and peanuts. I've heard about nutty profiles but not often from Heaven Hill, unique to say the least. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't to the level of being off putting. I'll give it another shot tonight or tomorrow to make sure nothing else was influencing what I was getting, after that it may take a seat on the shelf to break out as a change of pace pour
[Reply]
Page 97 of 196
« First < 4787959697 9899107147 > Last »
Up