Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Sports>USA v. Canada - Olympic hockey for the Gold
icehog3 07:38 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
And I was born in 1987, so I can't comment on seeing anything before then:-)

but for most Canadian's of that generation the 1972 summit series stands out as featuring the best hockey of that era :-)

I know my generation will remember this game just as fondly.
"I knew Paul Henderson. Paul Henderson was a friend of mine. You, Sidney Crosby, are no Paul Henderson". :-) :-)
[Reply]
Prefy 07:45 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
"I knew Paul Henderson. Paul Henderson was a friend of mine. You, Sidney Crosby, are no Paul Henderson". :-) :-)
:-)

I just hope the NHL is in Sochi! Bettman is just using it as a bargaining piece for the new CBA, which is not cool in my books:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:02 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
:-)

I just hope the NHL is in Sochi! Bettman is just using it as a bargaining piece for the new CBA, which is not cool in my books:-)
I am not a big fan of shutting down the NHL for 3 weeks mid season.

I would much rather see them go back to a Canada Cup / World Cup format with the tournament happening between NHL seasons.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:11 PM 02-28-2010
Congratulations to all the Canadian BOTL and SOTL's. Hope you enjoyed a legal Cuban smoke after the victory.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:53 PM 02-28-2010
That was a great game today. The US scoring with 23 seconds left in the game was awesome. Congrats to team Canada on the gold. The team USA should be proud of their performance as most people did not expect them to even medal.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 10:39 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But it's always the goalie who lets in the losing goal. Miller was the Olympic MVP, gained HUGE big game experience, and has a whole new respect in North America and around the world....Once the sting wears off, he will be better off for the experience. :-)
Oh no doubt, he was amazing throughout the entire tournament! I just meant I felt for the pain he must have been feeling at that moment. It's not like he pulled a Tommy Salo or anything.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:52 AM 03-01-2010
What a freakin game....congrats to the Canucks for a hard fought victory!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up