Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Winter Olympics!!
DrDubzz 11:48 PM 02-11-2010
They start tonight, I can't wait. I'm an olympics junkie, and in the winter I mainly follow hockey, but bob-sled, luge, skiing, it's all good, who else is excited?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:51 PM 02-11-2010
Although I am not happy that the NHL is shutting down for 16 days, I think the hockey will be very exciting. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:51 PM 02-11-2010
I love the Winter Games. Curling Rules!!!!
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 12:44 AM 02-12-2010
Since I'm only 3 hours drive away, I'm hoping to make a hockey game!
[Reply]
E.J. 07:39 AM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I love the Winter Games. Curling Rules!!!!
Could not agree more.... When my hometown hosted the Olympics 8 years ago, I could not have cared less about the Winter Games.... Now I look forward to them....

The game that surprised me the most.... Curling.... Amazing how fun it was(is) to get the guys together, drink some frosties and watch people slide a stone down the ice....:-)

In the end, if you gave me tickets(that I could not sell) to Ice Skating & Curling and they were at the same time.....you can be assured that I'd be giving away the skating and going to watch curling.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:28 AM 02-12-2010
[Reply]
marge796 09:40 AM 02-12-2010
Can't wait!!!

Go USA!!!

:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 10:19 AM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
Go USA!!!
I'll agree with that!:-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 12:03 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
Since I'm only 3 hours drive away, I'm hoping to make a hockey game!
If you don't already have your tickets I'd say good luck unless you're willing to pay EXORBINANT prices on Craigslist, etc. I had a couple friends score Class C tickets (ie. nose bleed) to the men's gold medal game that recently sold them for $2200 each, they paid $320 for them initially.

Originally Posted by E.J.:
The game that surprised me the most.... Curling.... Amazing how fun it was(is) to get the guys together, drink some frosties and watch people slide a stone down the ice....:-)
I live and work within a 10 blocks radius from the curling venue :-) Thankfully it doesn't appear to have had any affect on my daily commute or life other than all the military and police choppers buzzing around over my house.

Personally I'm looking forward to the Games and all the parties and cultural stuff associated with it. My wife and I went to Holland Pavilion (aka Heinkein House) last night and had a great time. We didn't bother trying to get tickets for the Olympics themselves, our plan was always to get tickets to some of the Paralympic events since we both find people with disabilities who are able to compete at that level far more impressive.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:07 PM 02-12-2010
WHISTLER, British Columbia (AP) - A men's Olympic luge slider has crashed during training, suffering life-threatening injuries.
[Reply]
E.J. 12:53 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
WHISTLER, British Columbia (AP) - A men's Olympic luge slider has crashed during training, suffering life-threatening injuries.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUST...ype=sportsNews

Luge competitor in horrific crash at Olympics

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:11pm ESTWHISTLER (Reuters) - Georgian luge competitor Nodar Kumaritashvili was given emergency resuscitation treatment on Friday after a horrifying crash in training for the Vancouver Winter Olympics.

His sled left the track at the Whistler Sliding Center at around 90mph, according to observers, and smashed into a course side structure. He was unconscious, a Reuters reporter said.

Medics rushed to the scene to give him treatment. The incident happened hours before the Winter Games officially open in Vancouver later on Friday.

Training was immediately suspended.

(Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Jon Bramley)

Here is the youtube link.... Caution, it is fairly brutal....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxF0ml56yFE
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:12 PM 02-12-2010
That is uber brutal. Reports are now that he died on the scene.

http://www.oregonlive.com/olympics/i..._olympics.html
[Reply]
mithrilG60 01:32 PM 02-12-2010
Olympic officials are confirming his death :-) That track is brutally fast and technical, apparently the governing body has already stated that they will not allow any future tracks to run faster than this one. The primary concern has been the bobsleigh but obviously luge and skeleton are concerns as well. I wonder if the course designers will attempt to slow the track down at all? Perhaps reduce the internal cooling a bit to soften the ice slightly?
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 01:42 PM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
Can't wait!!!

Go USA!!!

Go CANADA!!! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 02:03 PM 02-12-2010
I'm excited for it too, but I'm not looking forward to watching figure skating for several weeks.:-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:34 PM 02-12-2010
I can't wait!...I love watching sports that actually have world teams competing!
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:21 PM 02-12-2010
Watched some of the opening ceremonies. Now it is time for the real stuff to begin.
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:32 PM 02-12-2010
Didn't love the opening ceremonies...

Let the games begin!
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:39 PM 02-12-2010
I think some of the qualifiers might be on in a little while.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 10:48 PM 02-12-2010
Here is the schedule:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/event-results-schedules/index.html

And if you have certain cable/satellite providers you can sign up on the site and watch some events live that don't make it onto tv. I have directv and was able to sign up for it.

The live streaming and replay schedule is here http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 23 > Last »
Up