Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>NFL Pro Bowl vs. MLB All-Star Game?
Starscream 02:12 PM 01-27-2010
Since football has surpassed baseball in popularity over the past few decades, how come no one gives a damn about the Pro Bowl? Baseball has lost a lot of popularity over the last couple of decades, yet the All-Star game is one of the biggest events in the sport? I try to watch every All-Star game, but I can't even make it through one quarter of the Pro Bowl. No one seems to watch or care about the Pro Bowl. Anyone have any theories as to why no one cares about the Pro Bowl?:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:14 PM 01-27-2010
Simple. The pro bowl has relaxed rules and nobody wants to get hurt. Baseball is not, by nature, a contact sport and, consequently, the players can play to win.
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:15 PM 01-27-2010
pro bowl is boring to watch...I was thinking about this the other day too..I prefer to watch the MLB (HR derby & all star game) and NBA (Slam dunk and all star game). It might have something to do with too many moving parts in the game to follow.
[Reply]
Volt 02:23 PM 01-27-2010
Hmmm I have no interest in watching mixed teams of any sport. I guess one could pull for the conference their main team comes out of ( see this thread for a similiar topic). I agree - no passion in this game - but who want to get hurt and ruin a career for a game that basically means nothing except as to the honor of being in it as one of the best.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:29 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Simple. The pro bowl has relaxed rules and nobody wants to get hurt. Baseball is not, by nature, a contact sport and, consequently, the players can play to win.
:-) True.
Originally Posted by Volt:
. I agree - no passion in this game - but who want to get hurt and ruin a career for a game that basically means nothing except as to the honor of being in it as one of the best.
:-) Yes.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:54 PM 01-27-2010
Doesn't the baseball AllStar game have some meaning, as in the winning league gets home field advantage for the World Series?
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:05 PM 01-27-2010
I think in year's past the Pro Bowl suffered greatly from post-Superbowl apathy....this year should be different....I'm going to the Pro Bowl this year.....not because I'm a super-fan but a client is footing the bill...and it's Florida and gonna be in the 20's around here :-)
[Reply]
marge796 03:07 PM 01-27-2010
I love watching the Pro Bowl. Yes, it's a little watered down but it's still professional football.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:07 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Doesn't the baseball AllStar game have some meaning, as in the winning league gets home field advantage for the World Series?
it does now...before (maybe 4 yrs ago) it was just for pride..
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:17 PM 01-27-2010
Baseball Allstar games are great if your a 12 year old. I had the time of my life seeing Hank Arron,Ted Williams and Mickey Mantel up close on the same field.
Now I can't watch any kind of a Allstar game.
[Reply]
DBall 04:24 PM 01-27-2010
I'd rather watch a cow poop than watch baseball (or basketball). :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:29 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
And I'd rather watch checkers than hockey. It's all a matter of taste. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:51 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Baseball Allstar games are great if your a 12 year old. I had the time of my life seeing Hank Arron,Ted Williams and Mickey Mantel up close on the same field.
Now I can't watch any kind of a Allstar game.
That doesn't expain why the Pro Bowl sucks...

Originally Posted by DBall:
That doesn't explain why the Pro Bowl sucks...

Originally Posted by The Poet:
And I'd rather watch checkers than hockey. It's all a matter of taste. :-)
:-)
Watch what you like, like what you like...:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:11 PM 01-27-2010
That is because baseball rules!!!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:34 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
That is because baseball rules!!!!!
:-) I'm with you on this one Ryan!! :-) America's pastime!! Baseball is a GREAT game.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:41 PM 01-27-2010
I have never watched a Pro Bowl game in my life. I have no interest in the game at all. I used to enjoy the skills competition they did in Hawaii a long time ago. With the MLB All-Star game, even though it is an 'exhibition' game they are playing to win the game. The pitchers are not throwing up batting practice pitches to these hitters. The fielders are still going all out diving and jumping over the walls to get the hitters out. The hitters are still up there playing situational ball and moving the runner over, or taking a walk. The only time you see someone drop out of the MLB All-Star game is if they are injured. Other than that they are showing up to play.
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:45 PM 01-27-2010
I didn't read anyone else's post but Pro Bowl is the dumbest thing and to top it off this year they decide to play it a week before the Superbowl. Now we all know there will be a few people from the two teams that are in the Superbowl and I can almost guarantee they won't play.

MLB All star game at least serves a purpose and who doesn't love the HR derby. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:36 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
I didn't read anyone else's post but Pro Bowl is the dumbest thing and to top it off this year they decide to play it a week before the Superbowl. Now we all know there will be a few people from the two teams that are in the Superbowl and I can almost guarantee they won't play.

MLB All star game at least serves a purpose and who doesn't love the HR derby. :-)
That's OK, I quit reading yours right after the highlighted statement. :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 06:40 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That's OK, I quit reading yours right after the highlighted statement. :-)
Now now Tom, I wasn't trying to be a dbag I just feel very strongly that the Pro Bowl is the biggest waste of time. Just my opinion. Geez, I'm just trying to be more like the Admiral :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:42 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Now now Tom, I wasn't trying to be a dbag I just feel very strongly that the Pro Bowl is the biggest waste of time. Just my opinion. Geez, I'm just trying to be more like the Admiral :-)
I don't think it had anything to do with your opinion about the Pro Bowl.
I think he was giving you $hit because you didn't bother to read anyone else's opinion but made sure to post yours. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up