Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>You can never have too much Fantasy Football
Whee 03:18 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Wow, defense scores a lot. A 100 yard rusher would only get 5 points. 3 Tackles is 6 points.
Can't win a championship without defense...and Yahoo has adjusted their points over the years and I haven't kept up. That's why the #1 point scorer in my league last year was a defensive guy.

Oh well.....:-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:27 PM 08-25-2009
It's a level playing field for everyon either way. I'm completely lost preranking though. I messed with it for a while thos afternoon and I feel worse about it than when I started. I may reset the whole thing and start over.
[Reply]
WyGuy 06:48 PM 08-25-2009
It's a level playing field for everyon either way. I'm completely lost preranking though. I messed with it for a while thos afternoon and I feel worse about it than when I started. I may reset the whole thing and start over.
You and me both! My first year doing this so I really have no idea what I'm doing, hopefully I get lucky!
[Reply]
Whee 08:04 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by WyGuy:
You and me both! My first year doing this so I really have no idea what I'm doing, hopefully I get lucky!
The Yahoo draft is interesting. Have not entirely figured it out. It does a "snaking draft", which means 1 thru 10, then 10 thru 1, then 1 thru 10 and so on.

I drafted a kicker in the second round somehow mu first year. Now I make sure kickers are at the bottom.:-)

It will fill in your rosters for you as well when it runs out of your ranked players.

Ask questions. Sounds like we have some other vets on the board. I don;t mind answering a "few" questions...:-)

Edit: I'll even answer questions for a Purdue guy like you!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:06 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by WyGuy:
:-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:41 AM 08-26-2009
The first year that I participated in a Yahoo league with autodraft, I basically pre-ranked my preferred players according to their roster position. In other words, I filled out a game roster (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, Def, Kicker, etc.) with my top selections at each position.

DO NOT DO THIS!

What happened is that I drew the #10 spot in my draft and, of course, the first 9 players had also ranked the same QB, RBs, etc., that I did. So the first player on my list that was still available by the time #10 came around was the Defense--yes, my first draft pick was a freaking Defense. It was a horrible draft.

On the other hand, I finished 3rd in the league that year, but it was cause I spent an awful lot of time week to week making trades or working the waiver wire. :-)

I guess I better start looking at player rankings and figuring things out this year! Good luck to everyone!
[Reply]
Whee 06:29 PM 08-27-2009
All right, fellers.

I will lock the league and turn the draft to ready on Tuesday night, 9/1 at midnight CST. (that:-) Tues/Wed). Once the draft completes, I will post up the unlock time. I am out of town until Tuesday afternoon, so I will check for questions before I head out tomorrow, and when I get back.

Good Luck!
[Reply]
tenbaseg 07:38 PM 08-27-2009
I'm going on vacation with no Internet access. Damn! Leave some good players for me!
[Reply]
Whee 07:42 PM 08-27-2009
I'm going on vacation with no Internet access. Damn! Leave some good players for me!
When do you get back? I was planning on turning everyone loose on the weekend if all goes according to plan.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:31 AM 08-28-2009
I'll be back on Sunday night (9/6). You don't have to hold everything up for me.
[Reply]
Whee 06:11 PM 09-01-2009
T-minus 4 hours and 50 minutes til I flip the draft and lock the teams. Are you ready?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:01 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
T-minus 4 hours and 50 minutes til I flip the draft and lock the teams. Are you ready?
Not sure if I'm ready, but my pre-draft rankings are locked in....! we'll find out soon if I figured-out this defensive-player thing, or royally screwed up. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 11:02 PM 09-01-2009
Draft is set to ready and teams are locked. Another league I am in took 4 hours for draft to complete, so hopefully, you will see your teams and I will post up the unlock time.

Good luck.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:58 AM 09-02-2009
Apparently the Yahoo folks sleep overnight and we are still waiting on the draft to go. I'll keep checking it out and let you know.
[Reply]
Whee 10:03 PM 09-02-2009
Draft is complete!

Keep a look out here, as I will post the "unlock" date and time here.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:37 AM 09-03-2009
I'm relatively pleased by my draft, despite the sketchy RB & WR selections.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 09:08 AM 09-03-2009
I have Ochocinco. You are all going down. :-)

A few minor corrections to the roster and I'm happy with the results.
[Reply]
Whee 05:01 PM 09-03-2009
Ok, gang.

I will unlock the teams on Saturday at 7pm CST.

Get your plans ready and your mouse clickers warmed up!
[Reply]
Whee 05:48 PM 09-05-2009
Getting ready to unlock the league. Just giving y'all a heads up.
[Reply]
BryanB 06:40 PM 09-05-2009
got me some more defense.........I hope I know what I'm doing. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 34 > Last »
Up