Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Chargers prayer
JE3146 05:58 PM 01-17-2010
Close game.

Guess it's up to the Colt's next weekend :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:59 PM 01-17-2010
Bwaaaaahhhaaaahhaaahaaaa!

:-)

So much easier for the Colts next week.:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 06:01 PM 01-17-2010
Wow
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:06 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow:
Our Father, who art at Quallcomm
I'm sorry to say that God was in Minnesota today:-)

[Reply]
Thrak 06:26 PM 01-17-2010
So Chargers fans, do you miss Marty yet? :-)

I'm glad they lost, I cant stand Rivers arrogance.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:01 PM 01-17-2010
Blasphemy?!? Me???!!!! Nah!
See? Ya jinxed 'em! :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:11 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I'm sorry to say that God was in Minnesota today:-)

He sure was. :-)

I was rooting for SD, maybe Rex Ryan's "We should be favored through the Super Bowl" comment wasn't so stupid after all. Jets are playing some great football right now, going to be two great games next weekend.
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 07:32 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
See? Ya jinxed 'em! :-)

Nah, I jinxed my PM box. Evidently others shared your view:-)

Marshall
[Reply]
icehog3 07:34 PM 01-17-2010
Nah, I jinxed my PM box. Evidently others shared your view:-)

Marshall
I wasn't truly offended, Marshall...but I did fear some might be. I know it was all in good fun.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:13 PM 01-17-2010
Rivers is a good QB but he does not instill confidence in those around him as he appears agitated and that transfers to the rest of the squad. QB's like Montana, Elway, Manning and others lead by example and that means you don't run around looking like you are trying to land a jet on a carrier. Calm, self assuredness is something he needs to learn in order for him to be the complete QB. He gets too spirited in the game and on the field and the QB coach should calm him down. just an observation from a monday morning QB.
[Reply]
chachee52 08:15 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by Negncic:
Which Jets touchdown did you see? :-)
Well I turned in on for the first, than saw the second too. What the hell happened? The Chargers looked so good before this game. The Jets didn't even realize they were going to be in the play-offs!!! That wasn't supposed to happen. I know a lot of people that lost a lot of money this weekend!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:26 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by chachee52:
Well I turned in on for the first, than saw the second too. What the hell happened? The Chargers looked so good before this game. The Jets didn't even realize they were going to be in the play-offs!!! That wasn't supposed to happen. I know a lot of people that lost a lot of money this weekend!!!
That means a lot of people won some money too. :-)
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 08:33 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Rivers is a good QB but he does not instill confidence in those around him as he appears agitated and that transfers to the rest of the squad. QB's like Montana, Elway, Manning and others lead by example and that means you don't run around looking like you are trying to land a jet on a carrier. Calm, self assuredness is something he needs to learn in order for him to be the complete QB. He gets too spirited in the game and on the field and the QB coach should calm him down. just an observation from a monday morning QB.
I agree with Gary on this one. The great ones (Montana, Elway, Marino, Fouts, Aikman, Favre, Manning to name a few) seem to find a way to win and make their teams better when the poop hits the air conditioner. Rivers, on the other hand, gets caught up in the minute stuff, including loudly arguing a interception call today that he was clearly wrong on. He finds a way to lose. He needs to learn how to be a general and step back and see the big picture. I don't know if it's in his makeup to be able to do that. He's extremely talented and has a great arm, great touch and an ability to read defenses. What he lacks is leadership. True leadership that makes the others around you want to walk through fire for you. Brett Favre has it, Drew Brees has it, Peyton Manning has it, Ray Lewis has it. These guys don't TRY to put this in others, it just happens naturally. When a great player (and a guy who I believe has some of these natural qualities) like LaDanian Tomlinson can't stand sitting next to you on a bench...it speaks volumes about your ability to lead.
[Reply]
Cigary 06:43 PM 01-18-2010
I agree with Gary on this one. The great ones (Montana, Elway, Marino, Fouts, Aikman, Favre, Manning to name a few) seem to find a way to win and make their teams better when the poop hits the air conditioner. Rivers, on the other hand, gets caught up in the minute stuff, including loudly arguing a interception call today that he was clearly wrong on. He finds a way to lose. He needs to learn how to be a general and step back and see the big picture. I don't know if it's in his makeup to be able to do that. He's extremely talented and has a great arm, great touch and an ability to read defenses. What he lacks is leadership. True leadership that makes the others around you want to walk through fire for you. Brett Favre has it, Drew Brees has it, Peyton Manning has it, Ray Lewis has it. These guys don't TRY to put this in others, it just happens naturally. When a great player (and a guy who I believe has some of these natural qualities) like LaDanian Tomlinson can't stand sitting next to you on a bench...it speaks volumes about your ability to lead.
Amen Marshall. You can see it in their faces and body language and they will always be a bridesmaid and never the bride with this kind of look.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up