Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Diamond Crown Maximus Julius Ceasar Cigar
papichulo 07:05 AM 11-07-2010
My good friend Alex aka Green Lantern and I were hanging at his B&M. He honored me by giving me on of these great cigars and purchased an Argentinian wine call Puro Uno, which is a blend of malbec, shiraz and tempranillo grapes. At 14.5% it is an incredibly smooth and tasty wine. Lots of black cherry and vanilla. Back to the cigar it appeared to be a 52 x 7 give or take, with a great prelight aroma of an aged Opus. The first quarter inch was blah and then BAM!! A rich floral marriage of cherries, almonds with a peppery finish that was a result of the Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper. A quarter into my indulgence the cigar wen BLAH. What just happened to me???? I forged through the second quarter of the cigar with nothing significant to report. Once I entered the third quarter I found myself in a smokey disco... The volume of both smoke and flavor turned up!! It continued down to the last inch and the cigar turned south again. Overall a great cigar with an incredible wine!!! Thanks Alex!! As for the cigar itself with time this cigar will be highly prized. Once I get a hold of these I will let them rest for a year or two.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:48 AM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by papichulo:
My good friend Alex aka Green Lantern and I were hanging at his B&M. He honored me by giving me on of these great cigars and purchased an Argentinian wine call Puro Uno, which is a blend of malbec, shiraz and tempranillo grapes. At 14.5% it is an incredibly smooth and tasty wine. Lots of black cherry and vanilla. Back to the cigar it appeared to be a 52 x 7 give or take, with a great prelight aroma of an aged Opus. The first quarter inch was blah and then BAM!! A rich floral marriage of cherries, almonds with a peppery finish that was a result of the Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper. A quarter into my indulgence the cigar wen BLAH. What just happened to me???? I forged through the second quarter of the cigar with nothing significant to report. Once I entered the third quarter I found myself in a smokey disco... The volume of both smoke and flavor turned up!! It continued down to the last inch and the cigar turned south again. Overall a great cigar with an incredible wine!!! Thanks Alex!! As for the cigar itself with time this cigar will be highly prized. Once I get a hold of these I will let them rest for a year or two.
The flavors of the cigar and wine sound like a great pair:-)
[Reply]
lyle23 01:08 PM 11-14-2010
good review. i've had the diamond crown maximus #4 i believe it was. it was a bit shorter than the 7 incher your talking about here. it was 6 tops. but it was amazing from pretty much start to finish. i got for a steal too. the local cigar shop i had been going to wasnt supposed to sell it, cuz it was the owners personal box. they didnt know how to price it soo they charged me 7 bux for it. great smoke and i was pissed when they would'nt sell me another one, especially after the money i spent there.
[Reply]
Up