Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidor for Nicole
WaxingMoon 07:03 AM 01-31-2015
Hello BOTL's.... Karen, my better half's, daughter in law, Nicole has been diagnosed with stage four cancer and recently had a radical surgery in an attempt to address the problem.....

I have committed to building a humidor to be raffled out in an effort to help her in a fund raising project to, hopefully, win this battle.... Nicole is having a benefit gathering on 2/28 - at which time she will draw the winner's name out of the hat.

Also, I have contacted cigar manufacturers to solicit some help in filling this humidor up - and sweeten the pot. I have already got a commitment from Oliva Cigars.....

To enter the raffle, one only needs to make a donation to Nicole's funding page here, at this link. And then, comment in this thread that you've entered and a ticket will be made with your name on it and dropped in the hat.....

The humidor is Mahogany & Wenge - 20" x 12.5" x 10" - 250 count.

The wider strip of Wenge is where the lid will be cut off.... leaving 1/16" on the top and again on the bottom making it the same width as the corner accents....

Karen took the base to Nicole's in Minneapolis today for her to wood burn her thoughts on the bottom.....

I'll get her finished up in the next couple of days.....

Every little bit helps.... and, you will get a chance to win this sweet, classic looking humidor!!!

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 07:21 AM 01-31-2015
$1-25 Donation = One ticket in the hat
$26-$50 Donation = Three tickets in the hat
$51-$100 Donation = Five tickets in the hat
$100 or more = Ten tickets in the hat.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 11:38 AM 01-31-2015
Karen took the box up to Minneapolis so Nicole could use a wood burner on the bottom and burn in some of her thoughts.....

[Reply]
rr_coyote 06:10 PM 01-31-2015
Beautiful humidor. Donated to help her fight!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 06:12 PM 01-31-2015
Originally Posted by rr_coyote:
Beautiful humidor. Donated to help her fight!
Thank you..... got ya logged in.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:45 PM 01-31-2015
Donated. Beautiful humidor Ed and a great gesture.
[Reply]
PCaponi 02:26 AM 02-01-2015
Donation sent. Best wishes.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:40 AM 02-01-2015
Donated, Ed. Prayers Sent For Nicole & All Of You, Brother.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 07:45 AM 02-01-2015
Thanks again to all.... Everything has been logged and tix dropped in the hat.

All is very much appreciated!!!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 01:05 PM 02-01-2015
Happy to kick in! Good luck to Nicole and your family!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:01 PM 02-01-2015
Thank you again! Wow! It's adding up.... awesome!
[Reply]
JoeCool87TC 02:20 PM 02-01-2015
Just donated; love and good thoughts for all involved. Please keep us informed of Nicole's progress. God Bless.
[Reply]
looking for know 03:24 PM 02-01-2015
Donated what I could.

Tell Nicole we are rooting for her. My step dad beat level 4; she can too!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 03:26 PM 02-01-2015
Originally Posted by looking for know:
Donated what I could.

Tell Nicole we are rooting for her. My step dad beat level 4; she can too!
Thank you! She'll like hearing about your dad...
[Reply]
nutcracker 10:02 AM 02-02-2015
Sent a small donation. Blessings to Nicole and her family.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 03:46 PM 02-06-2015
Many thanks to Ian from the Oliva organization for donating three, yes, THREE, boxes of PRIMO's......

1 Box - Oliva Serie V - Liga Especial - No. 4
1 Box - Oliva Serie O - 6.5x52 - Torpedo
1 Box - Oliva Serie V - Melanio - Gran Reserva Limitada - No. 4

Man, that really sweetens the pot.... huh?

Also, a private party has committed to a sealed box of Opus X's.... wow!!!

All you need to do to enter the raffle is to make a donation, of any size... at this link.... Nicole's Benefit Fund

The more you donate, the more tickets with your name get dropped in the hat.... See within the thread on that detal....

Many thanks to all!!!

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 04:39 PM 02-06-2015
Also, I have created a page on that popular social network.... feel free to visit and share, here's the link..... Nicole can use all the help she can get....

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:16 AM 02-07-2015
I just made a small donation. Best wishes to her!
[Reply]
jsnake 10:31 AM 02-07-2015
Ed I am so sorry to hear the bad news. You post these pics and she is smiling and that is great. I swear that a positive attitude helps win this battle. My mother had stage 4 breast cancer and they sent her home with 30 days to live. She said no and gave us 4 more years. Unfortunately cancer eventually took her but I think her positive attitude fought for those extra years and I am grateful for them. There is hope and her smile is going to help.

Beautiful humidor and raffle. I will be making a donation soon and will message you.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:27 AM 02-07-2015
FB page liked and spamming it out to all my friends, I don't usually do that so they can deal with this from me. :-) I hope she keeps her head up and that electric smile beaming. Having beat cancer myself and my sister was diagnosed with a double negative metastasized breast cancer which has one of the lowest survival rates and she has been free and clear for 3 months and counting, anything can happen!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up