Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Found great tupperdors at t@rget
timj219 06:38 PM 02-09-2015
Ziploc Weathertight. These are really good IMO. They seal beautifully. You can see the blue padding in the lid where it wraps around the lip of the container. The large one on the bottom has 6 clasps and the med & small (inside the med) have 4. I think I paid about $16 for the large. Short of a cooler with a good seal and a positive clamp closure I don't know if I've seen better candidates.
[Reply]
timj219 06:40 PM 02-09-2015
For reference I think the bottom one is currently holding 175 -200 cigars.
[Reply]
PCR 07:09 PM 02-09-2015
Nice!
[Reply]
BlkDrew 08:25 PM 02-09-2015
I got two of those for storing whole leaf. I did a test and there is still some leakage. I got some 3/8 foam seal, frost King I believe and added it to the top rim of the bin. They now seal air aight. I suggest you do the same or you may lose humidity.
[Reply]
timj219 10:54 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
I got two of those for storing whole leaf. I did a test and there is still some leakage. I got some 3/8 foam seal, frost King I believe and added it to the top rim of the bin. They now seal air aight. I suggest you do the same or you may lose humidity.
Thanks for the heads up. After they've been in use for a couple weeks I'll have to start keeping an eye on fluctuations. Luckily the material is clear enough in some spots to read a hygrometer through.
[Reply]
trackeryak 06:04 AM 02-12-2015
I checked these out at Walmart last night but passed on them beacuse of a very, very strong plastic smell.
[Reply]
timj219 11:21 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by trackeryak:
I checked these out at Walmart last night but passed on them because of a very, very strong plastic smell.
I believe that can be remedied by a wash or two. I didn't pick up any strong odors on mine but I washed them and gave them a baking soda treatment anyway.
[Reply]
Up