Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Victory Smoke.....
BigAsh 08:38 AM 10-30-2008
Took my 14 year old son to Phillies game last nite....Watching that final out take place....and realizing that the Phightin' Phils were CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD....A great moment we shared that will never be forgotten....

Now what to smoke at the Victory Parade tommorrow?....Need a "shorty" with a big flavor punch....any suggestion? :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:56 AM 10-30-2008
Partagas Short
[Reply]
tsolomon 09:18 AM 10-30-2008
Maybe a CAO America. :-)
[Reply]
AD720 09:21 AM 10-30-2008
[Reply]
stearns 10:14 AM 10-30-2008

stearns
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:17 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD
no, champions of the USA. Not the world. The world is a bit bigger then just the US.

But congrats on the win, it's nice to be champion of your country :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:19 PM 10-30-2008
ROFL!!! I agree...
[Reply]
Ragin Cajun 12:21 PM 10-30-2008
CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD
:-)
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
no, champions of the USA. Not the world. The world is a bit bigger then just the US.

But congrats on the win, it's nice to be champion of your country :-)
Just checking but I thought it was still called the World Series:-)

Congrats to the Phillies:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:23 PM 10-30-2008
Hahaha....I would tend to agree, except the shirt and hat I just bought clearly state "WORLD CHAMPIONS"....and I saw it on the internet, so it must be true....:-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:26 PM 10-30-2008
Hahaha....I would tend to agree, except the shirt and hat I just bought clearly state "WORLD CHAMPIONS"....and I saw it on the internet, so it must be true....:-)
:-)!!! Though I'm pretty sure if we took the Phillies on a World tour they'd be kicking butt..Just as long as some of their players don't go back to their original countries. :-)
[Reply]
Parrotheadduff 01:02 PM 10-30-2008
Took my 14 year old son to Phillies game last nite....Watching that final out take place....and realizing that the Phightin' Phils were CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD SERIES....A great moment we shared that will never be forgotten....

Now what to smoke at the Victory Parade tommorrow?....Need a "shorty" with a big flavor punch....any suggestion? :-)
Fixed it for you.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:11 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun:
:-)

Just checking but I thought it was still called the World Series:-)
yes so? That name is crap because it's a US competiton, not a world competition.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:12 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
:-)!!! Though I'm pretty sure if we took the Phillies on a World tour they'd be kicking butt..Just as long as some of their players don't go back to their original countries. :-)
they would probably do, but as long as the competition isn't open to non US teams, it's not a world league but just a national championship.
[Reply]
Domer 01:18 PM 10-30-2008
they would probably do, but as long as the competition isn't open to non US teams, it's not a world league but just a national championship.
Hey there is still a team from Canada left. :-)

in the mlb that is.
[Reply]
romwarrior 01:40 PM 10-30-2008
Yeah, most of the teams may be in the US, but last I checked the players were from all over the world. The best players in the world. That makes it a world championship to me...

And back on topic: for the victory I recommend my favorite short little smoke - WOAM!
[Reply]
TripleF 03:47 PM 10-30-2008
From right here in here in the RAYS backyard congrat Philly fan!! Your team is as we say.....WORLD CHAMPIONS. It is what it is.

I'd smoke a Padron Anniv. Edition. 1926 or 1964!!
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 04:04 PM 10-30-2008
yes so? That name is crap because it's a US competiton, not a world competition.
Yeah, if ever the Phillies make it to Amsterdam, they're gonna get their butts kicked!!!!!!!!! Cowards.
[Reply]
acruce 04:10 PM 10-30-2008
Took my 14 year old son to Phillies game last nite....Watching that final out take place....and realizing that the Phightin' Phils were CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD....A great moment we shared that will never be forgotten....

I was wondering about the game. Did you have tickets to the original game? Did you have to buy a ticket to watch the last 3 innings? I was wondering how that was handled.
[Reply]
AD720 04:17 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by acruce:
I was wondering about the game. Did you have tickets to the original game? Did you have to buy a ticket to watch the last 3 innings? I was wondering how that was handled.
All the tickets and official parking stubs from Monday were honored.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 05:58 PM 10-30-2008
Wow, someone who's literally 15 minutes from me.

I'm glad the city didn't implode, aren't you?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up