Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Gloves
bigloo 01:11 AM 10-25-2008
So here is the deal. I dont get cold, I wear shorts and t shirts year round. That being said, sitting outside smoking in the oregon cold for 1.5 hours, I get freezing. No problems, sweaters, sweats, I am good to go. Not quite. I always take a laptop out with me so I need to be able to type and smoke AND keep my hands warm (my hands got so cold tonight, I could not type and my fingers literally froze!) Anyway, I tried all the gloves I have, and none worked well, too puffy and holding the cigar/typing sucks, I need a sleek, thin warm glove for herfing it up outside in winter. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
taltos 04:29 AM 10-25-2008
Have you tried silk glove liners? I use them when shooting in cold weather and they are great. Should be able to find them at Cabelas or a similar shop such as Eastern Mountain Sports.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 04:50 AM 10-25-2008
Try some hunting gloves. They look like mittens, but fold back to reveal fingerless golves. I've used them for years to hunt in Ohio. You can flip your fingers under when cold, or out when you need to take the shot, or puff on a cigar.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 05:12 AM 10-25-2008
I swear by nomex flight gloves.

They don't burn or melt if you grab your cigar wrong, and you can throw them in the wash.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 05:20 AM 10-25-2008
You also might want to try a pair of golfing gloves, I use them for fishing since I need to be in contact with the line...very thin for the fingers but just enough warmth.
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 09:05 AM 10-25-2008
If I'm outside and need to use my hands I wear leather gloves lined with a thin layer of cashmere wool, perfectly warm and thin enough to type without a problem.
[Reply]
bigloo 09:55 AM 10-25-2008
Great suggestions guys. I am going to hit my local hunting/sports store, from your suggestions I think I can find most of these options there.

thx!
[Reply]
Pipe&Cigar 10:18 AM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
I swear by nomex flight gloves.

They don't burn or melt if you grab your cigar wrong, and you can throw them in the wash.
I 2nd the nomex, not the cheapest option but I love mine. Great for shooting/hunting etc. also
[Reply]
rlaliberty 03:06 PM 10-25-2008
try a pair of winter running gloves. sleek and thin. i got mine at a local sports shop.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:16 PM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by rlaliberty:
try a pair of winter running gloves. sleek and thin. i got mine at a local sports shop.
im getting a pair at dicks for this winter:-)
[Reply]
Raralith 06:13 PM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
You also might want to try a pair of golfing gloves, I use them for fishing since I need to be in contact with the line...very thin for the fingers but just enough warmth.
That's what I use. Footjoy gloves are cheap, thin, but keep your hands warm. I would definately check these out first as you can try them on at the store.
[Reply]
ucubed 08:31 PM 10-25-2008
I have a pair of under armour gloves that I use during the winter...still feels a bit cold, but it works enough
[Reply]
Mister Moo 09:18 PM 10-25-2008
Thermax. Accept no substitute. I designed, manufactured and marketed work gloves for 25-years; I am a master of fiber. Thermax, a hollow microfiber, is the ticket.

http://www.rei.com/product/772207
[Reply]
Parrotheadduff 10:44 PM 10-25-2008
I use these http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_d...34374302898827
[Reply]
spectrrr 12:24 AM 10-27-2008
never tried these, but it likes like they might be the ticket for you if you are on the laptop.

USB powered heater gloves. exposed fingertipes for typing, flip down mitten cover. Doesnt look very windproof tho....
http://www.usbgeek.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=0356
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:50 AM 10-27-2008
A white dinner glove like Mr. Peanut wears would work well... Get the top hat while you're at it.
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:42 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX:
If I'm outside and need to use my hands I wear leather gloves lined with a thin layer of cashmere wool, perfectly warm and thin enough to type without a problem.
These work well for me, but getting the right fit is important. I really need to try on gloves to get the right pair, usually the fingers are too long. With the new propane radiant heater I just bought, I'm hoping that I won't need the gloves as often. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:47 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by rlaliberty:
I do not suggest this...only because running gloves are thin and sleek so that your hands breathe and don't get totally sweaty. They are great for running due to the fact that once you start moving your body generates so much heat..standing around smoking is a different story..

Lu go with sgloves that are meant for activities that don't require much movement to generate heat such as running.

Bao
[Reply]
renton20 08:12 AM 10-27-2008
I just ordered these adidas running gloves last friday. I'll let you guys know how they work out.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:27 AM 10-27-2008
Get the winter version of football recievers gloves or coaches gloves. They are still thin enough to use your fingers but warm enough to keep feeling in them :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up