Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>In full boxes...do you take the celo off?
kgoings 09:55 PM 10-30-2008
They just LOOK much better in the box without. Do you take of the celos in your full boxes? I know Looks are not everything
[Reply]
WyGuy 10:15 PM 10-30-2008
I leave them in the celo pretty much all the time. Occasionally, I will cut the ends off the celo so the cigars get a little better air circulation. I just like having the extra protection the celo gives the cigars.
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:16 PM 10-30-2008
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=cello

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=cello
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 10:19 PM 10-30-2008
Nope. However they come is the way they stay. Doesn't much matter to me how they look. In some cases it'll be years before I see them again anyway.
[Reply]
Whee 10:22 PM 10-30-2008
I used be an "off" guy, but now, they stay the way they come. Much less damage to the sticks since I tend to fondle them all the time...:-)
[Reply]
groogs 10:54 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Nope. However they come is the way they stay. Doesn't much matter to me how they look. In some cases it'll be years before I see them again anyway.
:-) How they come is how they stay.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:47 AM 10-31-2008
:-)

I leave them on. They might not look as good, but they are easier to handle and you get to see if the cello turns yellow. :-)
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 06:57 AM 10-31-2008
I used to remove them all the time, but now if they come in a celo, I leave them on :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:08 AM 10-31-2008
Long term storage - Over 10 years, leave on.

Short term storage - Under 10 years, take off.

I have an experiment with two cab's of Avo Maestro Churchills. One has the cello off, the other on. I am smoking down the non-cell cigars. Once I get to the last one, I will compare with a cello cigar.

I smoke about 2-3 of them a year, so it could take a while before I am down to the last non-cello.

If I find this thread at that point- I will update.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:20 AM 10-31-2008
Always off. I don't find cello attractive at all.
[Reply]
Pyro 08:56 AM 10-31-2008
I'm a firm believer in that the exposure to air should be minimized during aging. "Let them stew in their own brew!"

I seldom smoke anything younger than two years from my own stash (but I smoke 3-8 new cigars per week for reviews I do for a Swedish Internet vendor) and I do not want them to loose too much power and spice during their nap.

So, I never remove any cellophane!
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:20 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Pyro:
I'm a firm believer in that the exposure to air should be minimized during aging. "Let them stew in their own brew!"

I seldom smoke anything younger than two years from my own stash (but I smoke 3-8 new cigars per week for reviews I do for a Swedish Internet vendor) and I do not want them to loose too much power and spice during their nap.

So, I never remove any cellophane!
And I am actually the exact opposite. I love a good naked stick, so I take the cello off of everything in the humi including the boxes if they came with cello. I want them to breath as much as possible.

So basically is boils down to personal tastes. What you prefer is the best answer.
[Reply]
taltos 01:51 PM 10-31-2008
If they come with it on, I leave it on. In fact, when I ship cigars, NC or Cuban, I put cello on them to protect them in transit. Therefore when I want to protect them in one of my humidors, I like them in cello in order to protect the wrappers. Do what you want but this works for me.:-)
[Reply]
php007 02:10 PM 10-31-2008
I now store them as they arrive, except for tubes. The only other exception to this rule is Opus which require a minimum of 3 years naked.
[Reply]
drob 02:55 PM 10-31-2008
No, I'm just not that anal about it. Leaving it on does no harm, taking it off doesn't help it age or keep better, so...
[Reply]
Up