Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva O Maduro Question
Celt 08:51 PM 10-30-2008
I thought i would run this by my fellow inmates to see what yall think.

I am a HUGE Oliva O Habano fan. I just find that cigar almost perfect.
Very nice strong flavor but very balanced and sweet.

Well tonight I tried the maduro version as I do really enjoy maduro cigars too.
I did enjoy the cigar and found it tasted very nice but it also seemed to not have much taste to it. I dont know if there is that much difference in the regular Oliva O Habano and the Maduro.

Does anyone else here smoke this line of cigars regularly? Does the Maduro O always taste so subdued compared to the Habano?

I figured if anyone would know you crazies might :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:53 PM 10-30-2008
I personally like the maduro version better, in fact, the O Maduro Robusto is one of my favorite cigars that we make.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 08:56 PM 10-30-2008
I like them both but enjoyed the natural more.
[Reply]
Celt 09:05 PM 10-30-2008
Wow thanks for the quick replies, you guys rock!

Well let me make sure im understood, I really liked the cigar just was very different then the O Habano. And I knew it would be different but I didnt expect it to be quite as mild because I find the Habanos to be very full flavored.

It could have been that I had another cigar a few hours earlier maybe, we will see I have a couple more to try this weekend.

Also FWIW Flor Da Oliva Maduros are staple cigars in my day :-) I LOVE everything Oliva makes, consistent quality always.

thanks again for the replies.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 10:49 PM 10-30-2008
The maduro is better. hands down. However, I'm admittedly a maduro-whore, so a dog turd wrapped in an oily maduro wrapper would seem appealing to me as well. :-)

Jason
[Reply]
groogs 11:35 PM 10-30-2008
I tend to navigate torward Maduro smokes, but when it comes to the Oliva O I like the natural better. I just seem to get more flavor out of the natural.
[Reply]
barbourjay 05:53 AM 10-31-2008
did you snork it?
[Reply]
Celt 06:53 AM 10-31-2008
I snork em all :-)

Ya it tasted great just a lot more taste from the Habano to me anyway.

Either way both fantastic sticks!!!

Oliva gets a lot of my money it seems these days. They just seem to make the most consistant cigars now a days.

Like I said the Flor Da Oliva Maduros and Corojos are staples for me. I just absolutely love the Corojos.
[Reply]
Up