Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Victory Smoke.....
Rockestone 06:02 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Took my 14 year old son to Phillies game last nite....Watching that final out take place....and realizing that the Phightin' Phils were CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD....A great moment we shared that will never be forgotten....

Now what to smoke at the Victory Parade tommorrow?....Need a "shorty" with a big flavor punch....any suggestion? :-)

Man, what a great memory you two will cherish....as for the stogie, you might want to try the "Nub".

Congratulations from a Braves fan.
[Reply]
Ragin Cajun 07:29 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
yes so? That name is crap because it's a US competiton, not a world competition.
Toronto Blue Jays, their from Canada, not to mention all of the ball players from Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and Japan; players from all over the WORLD. To me thats a World Series!
[Reply]
AD720 08:37 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
Wow, someone who's literally 15 minutes from me.

I'm glad the city didn't implode, aren't you?
Yea. It wasn't too bad around my neighborhood. I think overall everything was pretty good considering the amount of people. There were certainly a handful of assholes out there causing trouble but the media blows the things that do happen out of proportion and makes it seem like more bad things happened.
[Reply]
feznuk 08:52 PM 10-30-2008
Throwing in my :-) as a fellow Philly BOTL. My neighborhood went freaken nuts right after the final pitch. People were running in the streets, banging pots and pans, lighting off fireworks. It’s a good feeling. Enjoy yourself tomorrow.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:24 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Rockestone:
Man, what a great memory you two will cherish....as for the stogie, you might want to try the "Nub".

Congratulations from a Braves fan.
Hey, thanks....that was really the best part of the game, watching my son soak it all in.....

Originally Posted by acruce:
I was wondering about the game. Did you have tickets to the original game? Did you have to buy a ticket to watch the last 3 innings? I was wondering how that was handled.
Yea, as stated above, our tix were honored....there were alot of tix on sale on Stub Hub as people were selling their stubs from Mon nite to get in on Wed nite....took subway back to my car parked in CC Philly...it was CRAZY, so many people in the streets but for the most part "under control"....Came into town to work about 8:00 a.m. this morning and already a huge crowd lining the streets for the parade....gonna be a beautiful day!
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 09:14 AM 10-31-2008
Good luck to all those getting to the parade today. As of 10:30, Southbound 95 (into the city) was backed up 15 miles.
[Reply]
rsamos 09:38 AM 10-31-2008
I'm guessing you and your son had a great time.

Maybe a PAM Principe for the parade?
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:45 PM 10-31-2008
Parade was INSANE!!!....Passed by my office in Center City about 2 hours ago and its now 2:40 and there are still thousands on the street celebrating!!. Went to Holts this morning and they had a special on Casa Magna, a relatively new stick from Fonesca...So the VICTORY smoke was a Casa Magna Torito, 4.75 x 60...Great smoke, highly recommended if you never tried....Full body, starts a little sweet but finishes with some spice...Too crowded to really see how the ash held up (bumped alot).....

[Reply]
acarr 02:13 PM 10-31-2008
To really celebrate you will need to light up a Phillies Blunt!
[Reply]
Parrotheadduff 03:57 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
Yea. It wasn't too bad around my neighborhood. I think overall everything was pretty good considering the amount of people. There were certainly a handful of assholes out there causing trouble but the media blows the things that do happen out of proportion and makes it seem like more bad things happened.
The knuckle dragging neanderthalls always make good news fodder.
[Reply]
AD720 08:13 PM 10-31-2008
I caught the parade start right at the southwest corner of 20th and Market. I really don't have words to describe the feeling.

Finally. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:28 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
I caught the parade start right at the southwest corner of 20th and Market. I really don't have words to describe the feeling.

Finally. :-)
That must have been awesome, your lucky you got to witness one. I tried to make it to the Red Sox rally in 07 but I had a test the next day and wouldnt make it back to NY in time.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up