Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Best Places to enjoy a cigar in Charleston, SC?
Linus 11:10 AM 10-24-2008
Welp. I'm on the road again and will be in Charleston, SC (staying near the airport) but was wondering if there is a good place that could be recommended to get and enjoy a cigar. I understand the city is non-smoking at this point, correct?

Is there any place that someone could recommend?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:58 AM 10-24-2008
Jamie's house (jjirons69.)

Or so I've been told.... :-) Watch out for the cover charge.

Seriously, though, PM Jamie--he'll steer ya in the right direction.
[Reply]
RBOrrell 12:12 PM 10-24-2008
There was a great place downtown that was a TinderBox outlet. There was a bar and smoking area upstairs.
[Reply]
jjirons69 02:18 PM 10-24-2008
The Tinder Box/Club Habana and The Smoking Lamp are downtown. Club Habana is upstairs from the Tinderbox and can be a nice place to enjoy a smoke. You can smoke there, even though the city is no smoking!

I would love to enjoy one with you, but am hitting the road this evening. Sorry I missed you!
[Reply]
Nimbus 07:43 PM 10-24-2008
I remember there was a cigar shop downtown next to a hotel on King street. On the bottom of the hotel was a Starbucks. I cannot remember the name, but with those description you should be able to find the B&M pretty easy. :-)

There is another shop that rolled their own cigars. I think it was near Market street, after Hymens Seafood restaurant (I highly recommend Hymens:-):-)). I forgot the name as well, but it is the only shop that rolled their own cigars.
[Reply]
Linus 07:45 PM 10-24-2008
LOL.. I might skip Hymans but will look for the handrolled place. :-)

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll have to check them out next week when in town.

Jamie: no worries but thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out. :-)
[Reply]
Linus 07:22 PM 10-27-2008
Needless to say, Tinderbox lived up to the name and I think I may head there again on Friday (after, perhaps, taking in the SC vs Fla hockey game -- the goalie in me misses it sometimes).
[Reply]
Up