Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>toasting vs. drawing while lighting
brigey57 07:02 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
I will toast the foot until it is pretty charred and then take a draw or two to make sure that it is lit and it burning evenly.

So I guess I do both! :-)
Ditto.:-)
[Reply]
Aladdin Sane 07:10 PM 10-23-2008
I toast when I can because I like the "ritual"

If I'm just driving down the road and want a smoke or can't find a torch I'm happy just lighting them up!
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 07:16 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1906

I was not ready to start working again. :-)
haha you the man Klugs :-)

He's one bad Mutha...
SHUT YO MOUTH!
I'm just talking about the Klugs baby
KLUGS.... can ya dig it
:-):-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 07:21 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by duckmanco:
I used to be a toast the foot all the way guy, but lately its been lightly toast, and then draw using the flame. I have begun to love that burst of flavor from drawing while lighting. It sort of lets me know where the cigar may be heading.
Not to mention the fireworks! I dig that too.

Originally Posted by Aladdin Sane:
I toast when I can because I like the "ritual"
:-) exactly what I was looking for in my earlier post - couldn't have said it better
[Reply]
G G 07:46 PM 10-23-2008
Kinda go back and forth between the two methods. I don't do too many things the right way.:-)
[Reply]
Ender 08:20 PM 10-23-2008
I was wondering about that. I've watched friends toast and wondered "doesn't that just deposit a buch of carbon on the foot that you end up drawing into the cigar?" But then again maybe if you could toast to the point of comubstion then there would be no worry about the build up of carbon.
[Reply]
groogs 08:37 PM 10-23-2008
I always toast the foot with a torch lighter, then I puff on the cigar with a soft flamb. I have found this is the best way to get an even burn on my cigars. I say light your cigars in any way that makes you happy.:-)
[Reply]
Ender 02:17 PM 10-27-2008
Well yesterday I tried a relight by putting the flame into the foot without puffing. Once it was glowing I expelled a little before giving it a light draw. I found that really helped the cigar not get harsh. Anybody else try this?
[Reply]
BlackDog 02:27 PM 10-27-2008
I use the Da Klugs method. That's how I was taught, and it's worked for me so I stick with it.
[Reply]
nozero 02:37 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by Ender:
Well yesterday I tried a relight by putting the flame into the foot without puffing. Once it was glowing I expelled a little before giving it a light draw. I found that really helped the cigar not get harsh. Anybody else try this?
When relighting, I always blow through the cigar before hand, then use the Da Klugs method again. I find blowing through first clears whatever it is that causes that relight nastyness. It works most of the time.
[Reply]
Python 04:18 PM 10-27-2008
I also use the same method as Da Klugs. I don't start drawing on it until the foot is completely lit.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 04:20 PM 10-27-2008
I tried the toasting method the other day on a Perdomo Lot 23, and boy, the difference in taste was incredible.
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:15 PM 10-27-2008
Sitting/talking = toasting
Riding/windy = light it straight on with torch

You do what it takes!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up