Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 157 of 270
« First < 57107147155156157 158159167207257 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
jonumberone 09:29 AM 05-12-2012
Perfect Northeast spring day.
Been longing to fire up the smoker again!

Pastrami sandwiches for dinner!
And Pastrami and eggs for breakfast! :-) :-)

Rubbed with the spices last night, pulled out of the fridge about an hour ago.
Should go on around noon, and come off anywhere from 4-6.
More pics to follow! :-)

Also, I still haven't figured out a way to incorporate fresh garlic into my rub without the spice sticking and making huge garlic/spice clumps, any tips?
[Reply]
OLS 12:12 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
:-) Quit being such a martyr Brad :-)
Where are my virgins???

btw, the meat is in no way as black as the ends and crispies look. Shooting indoors at night under my
kitchen light without a flash takes purple and turns it black. I always say that just to make sure people
don't think I let my meat loaf. I bees payin attention. There might actually BE some black, but it ain't
burnt, haha.
[Reply]
OLS 12:16 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Also, I still haven't figured out a way to incorporate fresh garlic into my rub without the spice sticking and making huge garlic/spice clumps, any tips?
I am guessing you could wait til it's on the grill and FLING it at the meat off of a plastic fork or something.
You mean that prepared minced stuff in oil, or just hand sliced or chunked or whatever?
[Reply]
Steve 12:42 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Taking it easy today,2 butts, 2 small brisket flats and a slab of ribs.

Now for the hard part...Mother's Day house cleaning. ARGH!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:47 PM 05-12-2012
Taking it easy today,2 butts, 2 small brisket flats and a slab of ribs.

Now for the hard part...Mother's Day house cleaning. ARGH!
I feel for you brother:-)

On the other hand, nice looking meat Steve:-)

[Reply]
Steve 12:51 PM 05-12-2012
Thanks Mark!

Originally Posted by MarkinCA:

On the other hand, nice looking meat Steve:-)
Thi is probably the only thread on this forum where one man can say this to another!!! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Steve 01:13 PM 05-12-2012
[Reply]
jonumberone 02:16 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
You mean that prepared minced stuff in oil, or just hand sliced or chunked or whatever?
Fresh hand sliced, just seems to clump up on me.
I was thinking about it and I might try cutting it a day or so in advance and letting it sit in the fridge.
[Reply]
pektel 02:32 PM 05-12-2012
Got a Boston butt and a rack of beef ribs on the smoker right now. Never made an actual rack of beef ribs before. Must've trimmed a quarter pound of fat off the bottom side. Is that common occurrence with beef ribs?
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:59 PM 05-12-2012
Good looking pics Brad and Steve. I hope Dom gets one up of the pastrami. Not much better than really good homemade pastrami.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:40 PM 05-12-2012
Thanks Mark! Thi is probably the only thread on this forum where one man can say this to another!!! :-):-):-)
...I hear ya:-) Ok, got the heat going in the smoker at 2:31 PM/PST. The tri-tips are awaiting their entry...

[Reply]
jonumberone 04:25 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Good looking pics Brad and Steve. I hope Dom gets one up of the pastrami. Not much better than really good homemade pastrami.
Halfway

Coming off

On the board

I didn't get the dark bark I'm accustomed to, though that seems par for the course with the Traeger.
This was also the first time I did Pastrami with the point end of the brisket, I usually use the flat.
Slicing the point was a chore, and actually getting slices was tough.
[Reply]
T.G 04:27 PM 05-12-2012

It's easy, just use a mini-food processor and add a bit of oil (or prepared mustard). It turns your rub into a paste and you just slather it on with your hands or a basting brush.

Word of advice, make more than you think you are going to use, because it goes down thick, you'll end up using more.

I do this all the time with fresh garlic, fresh rosemary, thai chilies, cumin, black pepper, salt and olive oil for coating lamb. It makes a killer bark.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:34 PM 05-12-2012
I didn't get the dark bark I'm accustomed to, though that seems par for the course with the Traeger...
You wont get any complaints from this end Dom. Just need a couple of slices of sourdough bread and I'm ready to rock and roll:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:17 PM 05-12-2012
Ok, tri tips are in at 4:03 PM/PST with Hickory chips and low temp at about 225*...:-)

[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:44 PM 05-12-2012
tomorrow there will be a chicken and a turkey breast on my smoker. mmm
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:34 PM 05-12-2012
What can I say? We're a bunch of carnivores:-) Managed to get a shot in of the tri tips. The finish is spicy and a lingering finish following a bite of this meat:-)

[Reply]
kydsid 08:36 AM 05-14-2012
That pastrami is :-): :-): :-): :-):
[Reply]
OLS 03:29 PM 05-18-2012
Pork fingers...................A-gain. :-)
[Reply]
cricky101 10:50 AM 05-19-2012
My girlfriend really likes jalapeņo poppers so I made a fatty stuffed with pre-grilled jalapenos, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Used a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage and wrapped it all in bacon. It. Was. Awesome.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 270
« First < 57107147155156157 158159167207257 > Last »
Up