Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aeolus Cigar Spear worlds greatest draw tool!
Addiction 03:51 PM 11-16-2009
For my money you can't beat the Aeolus Cigar Spear. Its a beautiful looking tool (I've given one as a gift to someone who loved it) and I've used it at home 23 different times. Of those it has saved a 92 Esplendido and a Party 155 as well as various other pedestrian cigars. In fact its worked every time I've used it except once when I was not paying close enough attention and punctured the cigar.

The key to its success is the fact that its threaded, you can chose to screw it in rather than just drive it in. This screwing action pulls a little tobacco out and leaves a great draw path.
[Reply]
T.G 04:12 PM 11-16-2009
I have a 7" long 1/8" drill bit that is threaded too, works just as well and cost me $85.17 less...
[Reply]
The Poet 04:17 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
I have a 7" long 1/8" drill bit that is threaded too and works just as well and cost me $85.17 less...
Plus, if you're in a rush, you can stick it in your Ridgid and just go zzzzzzzipppp!
[Reply]
T.G 04:21 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Plus, if you're in a rush, you can stick it in your Ridgid and just go zzzzzzzipppp!
Actually, if you clamp the cordless drill in a bench vice and just barely depress the trigger so you run a very low RPM, it works quite well.

Doing it freehand can be a bit of a pita if you have a heavy drill.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:08 PM 11-16-2009
Wow... I can't imagine what the people running the xray machine would think if I took that traveling. Somehow I doubt the maple is the most popular color.

:-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:31 PM 11-16-2009
Are the batteries included? :-)
[Reply]
Up