Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Zippo Z Plus issues
Norcal_aaron 12:25 AM 11-04-2009
I purchased one of the Z plus inserts and it troubles me that it only seems to work consistantly while out of the Zippo shell. Does anyone elese have this issue or did I just get a funky insert?? Is there a trick to this lilttle guy or should I just try another one? Thanks for the help.
[Reply]
Pat1075 12:28 AM 11-04-2009
I never seem to have a problem with mine. Try bleeding it out then filling it again.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:18 AM 11-04-2009
Bleeding before filling the lighter is key :-)

Although I've heard that the Z-plus is hit or miss from my B&M..
[Reply]
Starchild 05:39 AM 11-04-2009
I've got one that worked flawlessly for a while. All of the sudden, it stopped striking :-)

I'll stick with my Ronson Jet Lite
[Reply]
TripleF 06:28 AM 11-04-2009
Keep this in mind....... Blazer has a generous RETURN policy. Kinda like Xikar's from what I understand.
[Reply]
RightAJ 06:32 AM 11-04-2009
I had one and loved it. If it doesn't light try double clicking it. That always did the trick for me

aj
[Reply]
dunng 06:45 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Keep this in mind....... Blazer has a generous RETURN policy. Kinda like Xikar's from what I understand.
Pretty sure it is only for 1 year though.

I had an issue with mine and my B&M replaced it no questions asked... :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 02:58 PM 11-04-2009
i had problems with mine all the time - i switched to the ronson cheapies and i'm happy.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:58 PM 11-05-2009
I've never had a problem with mine unless I didn't purge it before refilling . But then again with any of my lighters if I don't purge them I have problems , especially the Colibris . I had a coworker who had one that wouldn't shut off after letting the trigger go , he was a knucklehead though so I would guess he did something to it .
[Reply]
neoflex 12:06 PM 11-06-2009
These have been the most reliable lighters I have ever owned. My only gripe with them is the tiny tanks.
[Reply]
Riff Raff 09:00 PM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
These have been the most reliable lighters I have ever owned. My only gripe with them is the tiny tanks.
:-) Never had a problem with mine. Although I have to admit I love my Ronson Jetlite!
[Reply]
alfbacca 10:43 PM 11-06-2009
I had the same problem with my Z plus insert too. I read somewhere that putting a piece of paper on the bottom of the lighter would help. It got rid of the extra space between the insert and the bottom of the Zippo case. Now it works like a charm.
[Reply]
physiognomy 07:09 AM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by alfbacca:
I had the same problem with my Z plus insert too. I read somewhere that putting a piece of paper on the bottom of the lighter would help. It got rid of the extra space between the insert and the bottom of the Zippo case. Now it works like a charm.
:-) I've always kept a couple small pieces of matchstick in the bottom of my case... Not sure why it works, but it has lit first time ever since.
[Reply]
Up