Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>i think my vinos broken
larryinlc 10:23 AM 07-01-2009
Like I said, I use a small 6 bottle cooler purchased from pro vantage last year. They've raised the price now but last year, it was 50 plus. A nice little cooler that holds enough for me.

http://www.provantage.com/haier-amer...b~7HAER00V.htm

Larry
[Reply]
rizzle 11:17 AM 07-01-2009
Gotcha. Go bigger next time it blows up. You'll thank me later.
:-)
[Reply]
larryinlc 11:25 AM 07-01-2009
No no, I don't want bigger. I had bigger and always felt compelled to keep it full. I do still keep the little one full but it's prevented me from stockpiling too much. Sort of like gastric bypass surgery for the cigar hobby. You see, I have no self control.:-):-)

Larry
[Reply]
rizzle 11:43 AM 07-01-2009
I think a lot of us suffer from that.
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:48 AM 07-01-2009
I go with the Frigidaires cause they kick ass and don't break.
Takes a little surgery to make them run right, but I'm fortunate that I made a career out of refrigeration. Glad I was paying attention. I had two years of French in high school and all I learned is that I wanted to tap the French teacher. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 01:26 PM 07-01-2009
:-):-)

That and Parlez vous Francais. That's about all I got out of it too.
[Reply]
Nimbus 05:22 PM 07-22-2009
My Vino died a few weeks ago or rather stopped cooling. My son liked to press the temperature up and down button repeatedly and simultaneously. :-)

I have tried the unplug and plug technique, but no go. Looks like I will have to replace the cooler unit. I wonder if it is more prudent to just purchase a brand new unit than to replace the cooler. :-)

Of course if that is the case, I will definitely have to buy a bigger unit, since the vino was almost full when it was working properly. Decisions decisions...
[Reply]
ChasDen 06:25 PM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by Nimbus:
My Vino died a few weeks ago or rather stopped cooling. My son liked to press the temperature up and down button repeatedly and simultaneously. :-)

I have tried the unplug and plug technique, but no go. Looks like I will have to replace the cooler unit. I wonder if it is more prudent to just purchase a brand new unit than to replace the cooler. :-)

Of course if that is the case, I will definitely have to buy a bigger unit, since the vino was almost full when it was working properly. Decisions decisions...
Sorry to hear it bro.

I am lucky here, I only have to plug it in when things get at the point where its almost hot enough to turn on the air but not quite. When the air is on, there is a vent right next to mine that keeps them cool. When the air is off if its cool enough they stay right around 69 degrees. Its when it gets to that point where I debate turning on the air I plug them in.

Hopefully that prolongs mine. Over a year now and running just fine.

Chas
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 11:32 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I go with the Frigidaires cause they kick ass and don't break.
Takes a little surgery to make them run right, but I'm fortunate that I made a career out of refrigeration. Glad I was paying attention. I had two years of French in high school and all I learned is that I wanted to tap the French teacher. :-)
You obviously had a much different french teacher than la grande vache I had.
[Reply]
loki 05:38 PM 11-23-2009
figured I'd update this thread:

4 months and nothing
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up