Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>What occasions do you celebrate with a smoke?
TheTraveler 01:16 PM 09-17-2009
What occasions do you celebrate with a smoke?

I know that for many of us here every day has it's own reason to smoke and every day above ground is a reason to celebrate. But I'm talking about those special occasions - the ones where you can say "10 years from now on ________ date I will be smoking a cigar".

For me there are a few occasions that get a special mark on my calendar and a special cigar or pipe blend:

July 4 - Independence Day for my country
Nov 10 - USMC birthday
Nov 11 - Veteran's Day (Armistice Day)

I celebrate other occasions with a smoke as well, either pipe or cigar, but on these days I'll never miss that special smoke.

What about you guys and gals? What days do you hold dear? Birthday of a child, anniversary of a marriage, independence day for your country, date of passing of a loved one?

I'd like to hear and share. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 01:22 PM 09-17-2009
My wife and I had a baby 2 months ago. I've been mulling over snagging a box to smoke 1 cigar on each of his birthdays, and having one with him on his 18th. Got the idea from another BOTL here.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RGD. 01:26 PM 09-17-2009
Well I celebrate with a smoke every day I wake up breathing - :-)

Seriously though - since I smoke every day all day long - no one day is any different than another.

Ron
[Reply]
icehog3 01:31 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
Well I celebrate with a smoke every day I wake up breathing - :-)

Seriously though - since I smoke every day all day long - no one day is any different than another.

Ron
Ditto....seriously.
[Reply]
SilverFox 01:33 PM 09-17-2009
Sunrise..............every one I see is one more day I woke up alive.
[Reply]
14holestogie 01:35 PM 09-17-2009
Yep. I wake up. Reason enough to celebrate. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 01:36 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
My wife and I had a baby 2 months ago. I've been mulling over snagging a box to smoke 1 cigar on each of his birthdays, and having one with him on his 18th. Got the idea from another BOTL here.
Posted via Mobile Device
I did that when my son was born on Sept 17th 2007, a box of Partagas Mille Fleur and tonight I will smoke the second of the box of 25 and when he turns 18, I will have 7 left and he and I will enjoy them except for the final one which I will give to him the day his son is born. Who knows how old it will be by then.
[Reply]
cricky101 01:41 PM 09-17-2009
Beating my previous record for consecutive days alive.

----------
Usually any time I get together with old friends from high school and college it's worthy of a celebratory cigar. I've got them trained pretty well now, too.

Whenever we end up at the same place for a wedding, birthday, etc ... they're always quick to ask: "Did ya bring any cigars along?"

And I always do.
[Reply]
marge796 01:47 PM 09-17-2009
I don't really need a reason to smoke. I do however like to hold onto higher ends sticks for special occasions like the Holidays, vacations or when I get together with old friends I haven't seen in awhile.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Kreth 01:54 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I did that when my son was born on Sept 17th 2007, a box of Partagas Mille Fleur and tonight I will smoke the second of the box of 25 and when he turns 18, I will have 7 left and he and I will enjoy them except for the final one which I will give to him the day his son is born. Who knows how old it will be by then.
I was thinking if I bought a box of 20, I could smoke the final cigar on the day he moves out. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Red 01:55 PM 09-17-2009
i celebrate almost everyday with a smoke!
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:57 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Fox, I suspect you smoke simply in a vain attempt to make a dent in your collection! :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 02:21 PM 09-17-2009
I celebrate that the end of another workday has arrived by lighting up a cigar.
Oh, and for lunch, too.
Weekends call for celebration that another workday did NOT arrive.
Now THAT'S a special event truly worth lighting a smoke or 3.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:26 PM 09-17-2009
Every day is a blessing!!
[Reply]
Old Sailor 02:27 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
:-) yup, didn't wake up dead is good enough for me!:-)
[Reply]
sc00bz86 02:32 PM 09-17-2009
I celebrate to begin my day....I celebrate by Ending my day...and I celebrate by relaxing.....and Its always with a Garo Blue ...Medium butter smooth blend...great everyday Cigar...anyone hear about their new blend ...Ive been looking around forums to figure out if anyone knows anything....
[Reply]
poker 02:34 PM 09-17-2009
Every time someone takes the time out of their busy day to come visit & have a cigar with me on the patio.
[Reply]
the nub 02:43 PM 09-17-2009
I celebrate with a smoke at 10am, 2pm and 8pm, give or take a few minutes or few hours. If I'm feeling alive and well, it's reason enough to smoke. Special sticks get smoked whenever I'm in the mood for it. Special days like my birthday, Christmas or New Year's aren't special smoke days simply because I'm too occupied celebrating or at a non-smoking place (i.e. mom's).
[Reply]
JJG 02:48 PM 09-17-2009
well I was going to say I smoke a cigar to celebrate the fact that it's Friday every weekend! but I know that's not what you meant.

I usually try and smoke one on New Year's, kind of like a good luck thing. I smoked a special cigar the first time I got laid in my new apartment :-) but since I smoke all the time anyways, I'm thinking maybe I should get a special box or some singles reserved for extra special occasions.

something big too, like some Monte 'A's or Hoyo DCs
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 02:50 PM 09-17-2009
Days that end in "y". I really try to keep it to a minimum! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up