Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>I've crossed over to The Dark Side...
Steve 11:35 AM 11-29-2010
I'm crossing over to The Darkside (at least a little) with my smokehouse. It is the only smoker that I have that is not strictly a wood burner. But I figure that I can maintain the low temperatures (170*-190*F) easier, and being vertical I can hang the sausage easier as well.

[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:44 AM 11-29-2010
I foresee many hours of happiness and deliciousness in front of you. Bring a cigar along for the ride, and I am jealous.
[Reply]
T.G 11:44 AM 11-29-2010
Didn't waste any time filling that waterpan with concrete did you? :-)

Nice rig Steve.
[Reply]
Steve 02:20 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I foresee many hours of happiness and deliciousness in front of you. Bring a cigar along for the ride, and I am jealous.
Smoking cigars and meat go hand in hand!

Originally Posted by T.G:
Didn't waste any time filling that waterpan with concrete did you? :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:36 PM 11-29-2010
Brother you will definitely love that for some sausage!!
[Reply]
Scothew 09:08 AM 12-19-2010
So Steve, how do you like the propane unit.

ive been looking at something like this http://www.basspro.com/Masterbuilt-E...rodDescription but i am concerned on how long a tank would last and such. I really like smoking butts at 10-11 hours depending on size at a really low temp (like 200) but my concern is fuel consumption.

Thanks
Scott
[Reply]
Steve 01:26 PM 12-19-2010
I haven't really had much of a chance to use it yet. I am hoping to take off a little time during the holidays and give it a wurl though. One of my wife's uncles uses a similar unit to do whole turkeys and doesn't have much of a problem with running out of gas (at least that I know of). I have several 30 lb tanks around here that I use as opposed to a 20lber, so I'm not really worried.

I'll post my results one day soon, I hope!
[Reply]
688sonarmen 01:38 PM 12-19-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
Smoking cigars and meat go hand in hand!

:-):-)
Yes they do:-)
[Reply]
Scothew 04:01 PM 12-19-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
I haven't really had much of a chance to use it yet. I am hoping to take off a little time during the holidays and give it a wurl though. One of my wife's uncles uses a similar unit to do whole turkeys and doesn't have much of a problem with running out of gas (at least that I know of). I have several 30 lb tanks around here that I use as opposed to a 20lber, so I'm not really worried.

I'll post my results one day soon, I hope!
Look forward to seeing the results. Im gonna keep researching and see if i can find any results online taht people may have ran into.
[Reply]
Up