Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Heartfelt Beads- stole money
AdamJoshua 11:03 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Malakai:
I'm sure this has to do with their vacation. I was looking to buy beads again but when I saw they would be on vacation and I wanted them asap for my new travel humidor, I decided to try the HCM beads because I could get them right away. I have previously ordered many times from them and never had any issues.
PM incoming.
[Reply]
doctorcue 04:22 AM 07-26-2014
Yikes… over-react much?!? Dave has always been great in my multiple dealings with him. Sorry you had this experience. I'm sure this will be resolved when he gets back.

Matter of fact, I need to order some more items from him. Thanks for reminding me! :-)
[Reply]
azar 10:54 PM 07-26-2014
:-):-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 05:23 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Hello and welcome to Cigar Asylum -- please take some time to introduce yourself in the new member section and get to know the folks here. Your commentary on vendors will carry more weight if you, I assure you. Otherwise, you risk coming off as someone with an axe to grind. It may be a legitimate gripe, but without the benefit of knowing you a bit, a long-time trusted vendor is going to get the benefit of the doubt.
Originally Posted by massphatness:
And FYI, from Heartfelt's website:

Heartfelt Industries will be closed from 9:00 am on July 12th and we will re-open at 8:00 am on July 30th.

Where's that ring gauge thingy??? :-)
[Reply]
Hammerhead 10:15 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by rxbg:
The owner of the company is a crook.
Not to belabor the points already made, but permit me to offer a suggestion so that going forward, you can have a more positive experience here at Cigar Asylum, and perhaps in life also.

1) Don't just assume you've been a victim, do your homework, be patient, be circumspect. Had you taken a moment to check his site, you'd know why you haven't heard back.
2) Try a different approach. Your first post here is the equivalent of the proverbial bull in a china shop and says something about what we can expect from you in terms of interaction.
3) Would you want to have a customer like you?

If you had it to do all over again, were it me, the below approach (or something like it) may yield a better outcome:

"Howdy, folks. New member here, but I've been lurking for a long time. I might have a problem and was hoping to get some guidance from the membership. A while back I bought some beads from Heartfelt, and have been trying to resolve an issue related to being shipped the wrong item, but have not received a response from my attempts to contact them. Does anyone here have some experience with them or advice you can offer? Thanks in advance!"

Just sayin'. Not looking to pile on, but thought a specific suggestion might be both helpful and instructive.
[Reply]
markem 10:23 AM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by Hammerhead:
Not to belabor the points already made, but permit me to offer a suggestion so that going forward, you can have a more positive experience here at Cigar Asylum, and perhaps in life also.

1) Don't just assume you've been a victim, do your homework, be patient, be circumspect. Had you taken a moment to check his site, you'd know why you haven't heard back.
2) Try a different approach. Your first post here is the equivalent of the proverbial bull in a china shop and says something about what we can expect from you in terms of interaction.
3) Would you want to have a customer like you?

If you had it to do all over again, were it me, the below approach (or something like it) may yield a better outcome:

"Howdy, folks. New member here, but I've been lurking for a long time. I might have a problem and was hoping to get some guidance from the membership. A while back I bought some beads from Heartfelt, and have been trying to resolve an issue related to being shipped the wrong item, but have not received a response from my attempts to contact them. Does anyone here have some experience with them or advice you can offer? Thanks in advance!"

Just sayin'. Not looking to pile on, but thought a specific suggestion might be both helpful and instructive.

^^^^ wise words.

A lot of the cigar world's vendors are not operating on Internet time; meaning that it can take a while for some to respond. As others have mentioned, sometimes you have to do research to find out that there is a reason that you didn't hear back. I know a couple of vendors who take a month off in the summer and don't check email at all. They have someone taking care of web orders, but woe to (s)he who wants to ask a question, etc.

One change I'd make to the intro suggestions. Let the intro thread be about you, not about any specific problem that you are experiencing. Problems come and go but we hope that you are here for the long run. Trust me, people do go back and check your intro thread sometimes to get a handle on who you are.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:17 PM 07-27-2014
I'm going to guess that this was not the only site this person joined with the single minded purpose of slamming HF, I would also guess we will never see this person log in here again.
[Reply]
Steve 02:55 PM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I'm going to guess that this was not the only site this person joined with the single minded purpose of slamming HF, I would also guess we will never see this person log in here again.
Actually Adam (and others), he has made a couple more posts. Maybe it is time to cut him some slack, and give him a chance. I think the point has been made. Let's see how things are going forward.

My :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:59 PM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by Steve:
Actually Adam (and others), he has made a couple more posts. Maybe it is time to cut him some slack, and give him a chance. I think the point has been made. Let's see how things are going forward.

I agree that it is time to cut him some slack. The point has been made.
But I also tend to agree with Adam that we'll likely not see him again.
[Reply]
Remo 03:03 PM 07-27-2014
Can you guys cut me some slack :-) :-) I still use the gel stuff :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:07 PM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Yea, but only in your hair.
[Reply]
Steve 03:18 PM 07-27-2014
Dang Mikey, you're rolling high tech!

[Reply]
badbriar 07:44 PM 07-27-2014
Only slack you get is in your line when you make every one here envious while catching those trout! :-)
BTW... Any more fishing *stories*. :-)
RR
[Reply]
badbriar 07:45 PM 07-27-2014
Agree with Stevo
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:03 PM 07-27-2014

Point taken, I looked he had one other post and that was in between these and these were the last day he logged on, everyone deserves a second chance.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up