Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente 8-5-8
jmsremax 07:00 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
The Maduro 8-5-8 is one of my favorites!
:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 07:02 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
The Maduro 8-5-8 is one of my favorites!
[Reply]
TBone 07:37 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
its one of my "Go to" cigars
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:42 PM 03-11-2011
Maduro 8-5-8..:-) :-)
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:05 PM 03-11-2011
Dumb question, but what are all the types of wrappers? Maduro, natural, candela, any others? (I'm asking in relations to the 8-5-8, not cigars in general)
[Reply]
joeobx 09:36 PM 03-11-2011
This was the first box of cigars I ever bought 15 yrs ago when my son was born...and I still like them.
[Reply]
jcruse64 12:30 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
Dumb question, but what are all the types of wrappers? Maduro, natural, candela, any others? (I'm asking in relations to the 8-5-8, not cigars in general)
Natural (Cameroon), Maduro, Candela, Sun grown, Rosado. These are all the ones I've heard of. There are also likely some HTF Special Editions that the Fuentes have buried in their vaults. Some of the folks at the CF board, who go to the annual Cigar Foundation event at the Fuente HQ in the Dominican may have seen them.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:01 PM 03-12-2011
The 858 maduro was my favorite smoke for a long time,then for some reason I got away from them chasing the hype.
Know I have come full circle back smoking Fuentes and La Gloria's :-)
[Reply]
Flynnster 05:13 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by jcruse64:
Natural (Cameroon), Maduro, Candela, Sun grown, Rosado. These are all the ones I've heard of. There are also likely some HTF Special Editions that the Fuentes have buried in their vaults. Some of the folks at the CF board, who go to the annual Cigar Foundation event at the Fuente HQ in the Dominican may have seen them.
Good lord, I'm afraid to try any of the others now that I have loved the natural so much.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 05:21 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Maduro 8-5-8..:-) :-)
mac, u'd smoke a maduro helix if i gave u one
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:33 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
mac, u'd smoke a maduro helix if i gave u one
And an Acid Kuba Maduro :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 06:58 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by jcruse64:
Tampa Sweethearts in Tampa, FL is where their US offices are located. They have allot of the hard to find Fuente, Diamond Crown and a few others there. I go in and look around once in a while just to drool.
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:06 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Stay away from the candela wrapper
I'm having a Candela 8-5-8 now and I'm rather enjoying it as a first smoke of the day.
I would only stay away from it if I were Brad :-)
[Reply]
jcruse64 06:01 PM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
Good lord, I'm afraid to try any of the others now that I have loved the natural so much.
Don't be afraid, it's only $$$$!!!! :-):-):-)

The sun grown wrapper has been a HTF stick, but it seems they opened their warehouse a little more of late, and more have been seen around. As much as I like that wrapper, I'm not chasing them at the prices I've seen some sell at. The Rosado wrapper seems to have been seen around quite a bit lately. I would have to say the sun grown is my favorite, but I like them all. I put a box of maduro down last year, and will let it sit for a few years. Will probably do the same with a box of camaroon.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up