Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero
s15driftking 06:55 PM 02-28-2011
My new addiction.

My local B&M sells them for 5.50 a stick on a regular basis. Maybe they get a spectacular deal or something but I believe that's still a couple bucks under online prices. Cigar is said to be Medium-Full, maybe slightly less in my opinion.

The store opp. at the B&M said it was a Pepin smoke. Can anyone verify?

Anyhow:

Great Nicaraguan cigar with a nice confident draw. Super great flavor with bursts of peppery/woody spice. The perfect cigar for this time of year (IMO). The cigar smokes a little fast, but is enjoyable till the last drag.

Took about one hour and 15 minutes to smoke. I've smoked about a half dozen of these in the last couple weeks and they were a hit from the start. I would reccomend this to anyone that likes cigars from Nica.

Thanks for reading.
[Reply]
docdoty 06:57 PM 02-28-2011
I love them the only size that I have had is the Ruky (i think thats how you spell it). But I do have them in both the rosado and the oscuro wrapers. How is the lancero that you are smoking in the pictire I was thinking about picking up a box of those to try.
[Reply]
jdawg 06:59 PM 02-28-2011
Nice review! I haven't tried the lancero yet, but I do like the NMSS.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:21 PM 02-28-2011
Deal review, I love DP
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:25 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by docdoty:
How is the lancero that you are smoking in the pictire I was thinking about picking up a box of those to try.
it was great, a little over humidified. but great none-the-less
[Reply]
acarr 07:33 PM 02-28-2011
Thanks for the review, I love these things.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 08:04 PM 02-28-2011
The Special Selection Lanceros have become one of my go to sticks. The flavor on this cigar is just awesome.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:07 PM 02-28-2011
I haven't checked them in a while, but CBid used to have these at really good deals, about $3-3.50/stick. I loaded up last year and have been going through them. Very tasty smokes.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:12 PM 02-28-2011
Very enjoyable stick!!!

Thanks for the review!!!
:-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:13 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
The store opp. at the B&M said it was a Pepin smoke. Can anyone verify?
For the most part, it is. Nestor Miranda originally blended the cigar, and when production was moved to Pepin's factory a few years ago, Jose Pepin tweaked / reblended it.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:56 PM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I haven't checked them in a while, but CBid used to have these at really good deals, about $3-3.50/stick. I loaded up last year and have been going through them. Very tasty smokes.

im looking into that right now!!
[Reply]
Bunker 07:14 PM 03-02-2011
I got a box at Atlantic for around $100 a month or so ago.

Nice change of pace smoke, unique flavor.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:18 PM 03-02-2011
I scored a 10 pack from the Devil when no one had heard of them for $22. I wish I had bought more of them at that time. They are tasty :-)
[Reply]
cobra03 08:11 PM 03-02-2011
i bought a 5er of these a while back on c-bid. All but one was rock hard and plugged to the point of being unsmokable. The one that drew well was fantastic. Its a shame the rest didnt work out . Maybe i will have to try these again.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:24 PM 03-02-2011
I had one of these and had the same results as Scott. I smoked about half of it and pitched it. Glad others are having better results.

That and I really don't like the band, it was annoying.
[Reply]
rebelknight 08:28 PM 03-02-2011
Hey bob where did you pick these up? I don't remember seeing them at the tinderbox and I'd like to give them a try
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 08:35 PM 03-02-2011
I had a couple of these, and I thoroughly enjoyed both. I didn't know whether I would like a lancero or not, and I was pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
BigCat 09:31 PM 03-02-2011
I've had a couple of the oscuros and really liked them. I met Nestor at an event a few months ago and he was smoking the rosado lancero. I thought he said it was not being released for retail sales, but either I misunderstood him or something's changed. I'll have to look out for a few.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:59 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
Hey bob where did you pick these up? I don't remember seeing them at the tinderbox and I'd like to give them a try
House of Cigar on Huntley. Very inexpensive for a B&M

Chippeawa, that is a stellar deal, nice score!
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 01:52 PM 03-03-2011
Yeah I see them every time I hit them up. I've been a big fan of NMSS Lancero for a while, and a little selfishly, I'm glad that no one else seems to understand how great they are, since the stock never seems to be moving. Also, they're at a great price for a lancero. Very very good cigar. Glad you enjoyed it Bob!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up