Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial robusto
Don Fernando 12:59 AM 03-13-2011
The Jaime Garcia reserva especial will soon be released on the Dutch market in two vitolas, the gordo and this 5¼x54 robusto. I smoked this cigar before and know that the cigar is made from tobacco from the Garcia farms with a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper from the Oliva Tobacco Group.

The dark and oily wrapper has a few thick veins. The cigar has a great construction and a firm barnyard smell. The predraw is great and I taste spicy and mild peppery tobacco.

I taste coffee and soil with pepper and a hint of chocolate. After half an inch I taste more dark chocolate. After an inch I get a lot of herbal flavors with pepper and the aftertaste contains a little sweetness. After a third I taste some citrus with wood, herbs and a splash of dark chocolate. The flavors are mild creamy.

After two thirds I taste more wood with some herbs and some citrus in the aftertaste. I also taste some spices like cinnamon. The wood is the main flavor, the spices, the tiny bit of citrus and the strong black pepper are supporting flavors.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty five minutes. The draw is great, the burn is good. The pepper and salt colored ash is coarse and frayed and medium firm. The smoke is good. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, even though this isn't a typical My Father cigars flavor profile, I liked it.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:27 AM 03-13-2011
Nice review Ferdie. With a little rest, these are fantastic. :-) :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:48 AM 03-13-2011
Gotta try this one soon. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 08:02 AM 03-13-2011
Ive had a quite a few of these, really enjoy them!
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:59 AM 03-13-2011
Thanks for the review Ferdie. I smoked one of these yesterdays.
[Reply]
Up