Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Reloba seleccion Mexico robusto
Don Fernando 01:36 PM 03-09-2011
A few days ago I posted a review of the La Reloba seleccion Sumatra robusto and today it's time for the La Reloba seleccion Mexico robusto. This 5x50 robusto is the new, yet unreleased, blend of the La Reloba line, which also exists in a Habano version. The band looks the same, except that it's in the color of the Mexican flag, green white and red, instead of the black & red (Habano) or black & yellow (Sumatra) bands.

The dark and oily San Andres Mexican wrapper has a few very thin veins. I smell a barnyard with wood and some tar. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste some floral flavors with some pepper on the lips.

I taste a spicy earth flavor and after half an inch some sweet herbs and pepper too. A quarter of an inch later I also get a tiny bit of milk chocolate on the background. After an inch I taste wood with herbs and a bit of milk chocolate. After a third I taste toast with a little bit of citrus and herbs.

The flavors are getting smoother and milder halfway the cigar, there is a little bit of chocolate in the aftertaste. After two thirds the wrapper cracks open and I taste toast, some herbs and some milk chocolate. The chocolate disappears and I taste toast with some herbs. The last few puffs bring me some black pepper too.

This cigar lasted me an hour and forty minutes. The draw was a bit tight, but still good. The smoke is thick. I had to correct the burn over and over again. The ash is coarse and firm. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored but not as sweet as I expected from a Mexican San Andres wrapped cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No boxes, but a single every now and then, for sure.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 02:14 PM 03-09-2011
Nice review... Do you know when will this be released??? :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:11 PM 03-09-2011
I have no idea
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:16 PM 03-09-2011
Wow man, you are real good with the reviews...I need to caught up with trying your recommendations...I just can't keep up....nice review brother
[Reply]
Up