Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>my first Illusione
Humpdebump 02:44 PM 03-05-2011
Let me first start out by saying that after many trial and errors and occasional sick bellies I have discovered that I am a mild/medium to medium cigar smoker. After recomendations from fellow brothers I purchased a 5 pk of the Illusione Epernay. The weather hit 50 today so I went out and lit one up. On light up I noticed some spice starting and I prefer creamy to spicey so I thought " oh no ", but it soon settled down to a very slight spice and I was very happy. I would say that this cigar is on the higher end of medium but nothing over powering and was a very good tasty stick. I would say that it is full flavor with a medium body. For those medium smokers like myself who would rather creamy then spicey but would like a meaty cigar after a nice steak dinner that you can handle I would recomend this stick. Granted I had the smaller stick but I will definetlly keep some of these in the humi.
[Reply]
Sin 03:10 PM 03-05-2011
Very nice. I love the Epernays and am probably going to have one after my steak tonight. Cheers!
[Reply]
Bill86 03:53 PM 03-05-2011
I've got an Epernay in the singles humidor, I'll have to try it. My first Illusione was a Holy Lance Candela it was damn tasty :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:13 PM 03-05-2011
Glad you found it enjoyable!!!

I was hooked after my very first Illusione!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Montano 04:30 PM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

[Reply]
boom 06:13 PM 03-05-2011
Wont be ur last!!! I luv these
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 05:04 PM 03-06-2011
Nice review, try smoking on a full stomach too, helps a bit with the belly aches!
[Reply]
TBone 06:21 PM 03-06-2011
My palet is similar to yours though after reading your review I would give the Epernay a chance...thanx for the review
[Reply]
thecatch83 08:24 PM 03-06-2011
simply delicious!
[Reply]
bigdix 09:33 PM 03-06-2011
Thanks for the review...this was also one of my first Illusiones. Can't wait to get back to my humidor.... :-)
[Reply]
Christiel49 10:31 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

:-):-)

I love the 68! Well, all of them :-)
[Reply]
RatherUneek 02:13 PM 03-07-2011
I recently found that I have similar tastes as well. I'll give one of these a try. I had a San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol the other day and really enjoyed it. You may want to consider giving one a try. I found it to have a bit of spice, medium bodied and full flavored.
[Reply]
Up