Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Fuente Hemingway classic
Don Fernando 01:47 PM 03-02-2011
I never smoked a Fuente Hemingway before, so when I had the chance I decided to pick the Fuente Hemingway classic, a 7x46, oddly shaped cigar, made with Dominican filler, a Dominican binder and a African Cameroon wrapper. I know that some Fuente Hemingway cigars come with a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper too, though in limited quantities. I have a box of Fuente Hemingway work of art maduros, so I guess I should review one soon.

This cigar has a nice shape but the medium brown wrapper is pale, dry and has a lot of veins. The cigar has a musty barnyard smell. The construction is a bit soft and inconsistent. The predraw is hard and I taste dry tobacco with some chocolate in the aftertaste.

I taste a dry and salty flavor that reminds me of salted peanuts with some straw and some chocolate on the background. This is a unique flavor profile, I have never tasted salted peanuts in a cigar before, but I like it. After two inch I also taste something mild bitter on the tip of my tongue. I still taste the nice salty flavor with some herbs and dry straw.

Halfway I taste straw as main flavor with some salty herbs and some cacao on the background. After two thirds I taste bitter herbs and I get an ashy flavor. The turning point comes early on this cigar.

The cigar lasted me for an hour and fifteen minutes. The draw is a bit on the hard side, still good though. The smoke is a bit thin, but after drilling a hole the draw and the smoke got better. The light gray ash is frayed and ugly but firm. This cigar is mild to medium flavored and mild bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? This cigar is too mild for me

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
kickerb 01:51 PM 03-02-2011
nice review, thanks! i am hoping to try one of these soon.
[Reply]
sobranie10 01:57 PM 03-02-2011
I enjoy this cigar from time to time still don’t understand the Cameroon, has none of the spiciness of Cameroon don’t understand.
[Reply]
jonumberone 02:09 PM 03-02-2011
Nice review, Ferdie :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 02:48 AM 03-08-2011
I prefer the SS or the BS over the classic....interesting to see the flavor differences between sizes.
[Reply]
alwayslit 03:24 AM 03-08-2011
these are a great morning smoke
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:32 AM 03-08-2011
Once again, nice review. I am not sure that I want to tell this cigar, but I am remaining open to the thought.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:55 AM 03-08-2011
Very nice review... :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 12:21 PM 03-08-2011
Nice review Ferdie. Had the Short Story on the way to the Lake on Sat with my coffee. Great morning stick. I like the Signature also.
[Reply]
Up