Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>My Father lancero
Don Fernando 03:33 PM 03-01-2011
By now everybody probably knows the story behind the My Father cigars and that it was a way for Jaime Garcia to honor his father, José 'Don Pepin' Garcia. The lancero from the My Father line is a 7½x38 Nicaraguan puro with a Habano Rosado wrapper. The lancero is topped with a pigtail and the price tag of this cigar is 9 euro in The Netherlands.

The wrapper is nice, shiny, oily and dark. The construction feels a bit soft. I love the detailed band. The cigar has a mild barnyard smell. The predraw is hard and flavorless.

I taste a lot of pepper with some earthy tones and something floral. After half an inch I taste wood with herbs and pepper. The pepper isn't as strong as in the first half inch though. After a third the flavors mellow out a bit, I taste something floral with wood, herbs and pepper. A few puffs later I even taste some nuts.

Halfway I taste wood, herbs and a little bit of pepper in the aftertaste. The pepper almost disappears. Just passed the middle point of the cigar I taste wood with leather and some pepper. The leather is very mild though. The pepper returns near the end with chocolate on the background. The pepper is really strong.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and fifty minutes. The draw is a bit hard but I got a lot of thick smoke to make up for it. The burn is flawless. The ash is dark but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I like the vitola and I like the flavor profile.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:34 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks for the usual great review Ferdie. I have really tried to love these... but they just don't do it for me. I'm glad you enjoyed the stick though.
[Reply]
md4958 06:25 PM 03-01-2011
This is my favorite My Father.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:06 PM 03-01-2011
Excellent cigar. Thanks for the review Ferdie.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:34 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks for the review!!!:-)

Best vitola for these!!!
:-)
[Reply]
gravelman 11:47 PM 03-01-2011
Great review! and pics too.
[Reply]
Up