Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana double ligero chiselito
Don Fernando 03:20 PM 03-01-2011
I used to love the La Flor Dominicana double ligero chisels and chiselitos although I haven't smoked them recently. I love the unique shape. The La Flor Dominicana website mentions that these double ligero chiselitos are 5x44 and my cigar ring gauge guide confirms it. The binder and filler are Dominican from the La Flor Dominicana farms and the wrapper is a sun grown Ecuadorian. The fun part about this shape of cigars is that you can just squeeze the cigar open, you can cut it or you can punch a small hole on each side of the mouth piece and smoke it that way.

The Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper is beautiful, dark and oily with a silky touch. The construction feels a bit hard and I smell some pepper. The predraw is fine, I taste raisin with lots of black pepper.

I get a lot of black pepper that overpowers any other flavor. If I try real hard I can discover a bit of an earthy flavor on the background. After a quarter of an inch I taste that earthy flavor with some coffee and pepper. The pepper isn't as strong as before and the flavors are quite strange. After half an inch I taste some wood with that earthy flavor and pepper. The aftertaste is a full and strong black pepper.

After an inch the flavors are a bit ashy. I taste wood, earth and pepper and far on the background even some milk chocolate. The cigar turns flat, boring and not very pleasant. I never had this experience with the La Flor Dominicana double ligero chisel or chiselito before.

This cigar has a smoke time of ninety minutes. I got a lot of thick white smoke, a fantastic draw and great burn. The ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I will give it another try, I liked the ones I smoked before

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Steve 03:29 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks for the review Ferdie. That is one of my fav's right there-never a disappointment.
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:40 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
Thanks for the review Ferdie. That is one of my fav's right there-never a disappointment.
gotta agree with Steve :-)....ummm:-):-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:52 PM 03-01-2011
These are always good. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Miket156 02:43 PM 03-11-2011
I bought a box of the DL Chisels. I don't particularly care for that shape, I like a good old fashion straight cigar shape, I'm lazy. You are quite right about being able to squeeze the cigar open, it does draw better when you open it up a bit.

I absolutely love the La Flor Double Ligero line of stogies. My favorite is probably the Double Ligero 700. Easy draw, lots of smoke, and great flavor. Its a 6.5" x 60 ring gauge smoke; rich. I am going to fire one up in less than an hour. I leave work at 5pm and then I'm off to the club to smoke.

Thanks for the review and great photos!

Cheers,

Mike T.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 03:11 PM 03-11-2011
Nice review again brother.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 03:33 PM 03-11-2011
Good review.... :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:09 PM 03-11-2011
The only LFD I smoked was enjoyable, but my only complaint would be that it was a little too peppery for my taste. These are definitely a full body stick....Another great review!
[Reply]
Up