Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 24
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Sports>NHL '15 - '16 Season Thread
icehog3 10:47 PM 01-27-2016
I was watching it live, and it looked ridiculously intentional to me, like he got pissed that the linesman was in his way. I was equally unimpressed with his demeanor on the bench afterwards, when it appeared that he said "**** him" to my lip reading skills. I wouldn't be upset with a lengthy suspension, but I am sure he will try to argue it was accidental. I call bullsh!t.
E.J. 11:52 PM 01-27-2016
Hard to argue that wasn't intentional. I'm not sure what the CBA allows, but violence towards the refs cannot be tolerated. I have to assume he's going to sit for a chunk.

I missed the Avs games due to having a game. We got smoked, I tweaked my shoulder and it's getting worse as the night goes on... But AVS WIN!!!
icehog3 11:02 AM 01-28-2016
It was a great game, E.J., and a nice comeback for the Avs.

Hope the shoulder gets better quickly.
AdamJoshua 06:28 PM 01-31-2016
Good for John Scott, captain of the All Star team, scores 2 goals and wins the MVP for the game. The 90K for being on the winning team is no small sum considering his 500k salary and it's good Karma as his wife is expecting twins any day now. So much for the NHL and team's shady handling of the fans voting him in, first they stopped giving vote updates, then he was sent to the AHL, then traded to the Habs and send to their AHL team ... shady business indeed.
icehog3 09:10 PM 01-31-2016
Nicest part of the MVP award was that he really was one of the contenders, it wasn't just a "gesture". I think that van will help out too, with 2 girls and twins on the way any day.

Definitely the "feel good" story of the season so far.
AdamJoshua 09:27 PM 01-31-2016
Yup yup and yup. You have so many guys that don't want to be there, or just bow out and take the 1 game suspension, he was genuinely happy to be there and it showed. I guess the fans got that one right.
E.J. 10:48 AM 02-01-2016
Such a great story and the best part, he really appeared to grasp the position he was in and embraced it. His interview with Roenick was solid. I liked that Roenick was straight forward with his previous feelings and that Scott's response was perfect.

All in all, that couldn't have worked out better for hockey. It was a great show and a great story line.
E.J. 07:31 AM 02-03-2016
Avs lose to Blackhawks. They really started jumping in the 3rd, I had to leave for a game, hoped to return to find out they won....that was not the case. Same 1-2 score.

The Varlamov civil case went to jury and returned with a victory for him, including him getting what I assume are his legal fees covered($126K). Wonder if that woman even has the ability to pay. I'll try to read a bit about it today if I have some time.
icehog3 08:33 AM 02-03-2016
Pickard was great, E.J., and Crawford was as well in the 3rd. Nail biter for sure.

Glad Varlamov got vindicated, been a long road for him.
E.J. 09:49 AM 02-03-2016
...and how about that return for McDavid! Not that I'm breaking news, but that kid is special.
E.J. 03:03 PM 02-03-2016
1/4 a Season(20 games) for Widemans' crosscheck of a ref.....'bout right I guess.

That decision will cost him almost 600K.
icehog3 04:39 PM 02-03-2016
McDavid's goal was sick, and 2 PP assists too. Kid is gonna be a star for a long while.

I am guessing the NHL gave Wideman 20 games because it will (a) appease the refs and (b) give a starting point for the appeal. My guess is he ends up with between 15-17 games off after the appeal. And he deserves every bit of it from my vantage point.
AdamJoshua 04:59 PM 02-03-2016
I have to say 20 games seems right, Wideman was a favorite when he was on the Bruins, good solid play that gave it his all, don't know what the **** he was thinking when he hit the ref, but I agree he'll get it reduced one or two games but just some token number. 546K in pay gone, I am going to guess he learned a lesson there, oh and he probably shouldn't expect too many calls to go his way when he is able to play again.
icehog3 05:18 PM 02-03-2016
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I have to say 20 games seems right, Wideman was a favorite when he was on the Bruins, good solid play that gave it his all, don't know what the **** he was thinking when he hit the ref, but I agree he'll get it reduced one or two games but just some token number. 546K in pay gone, I am going to guess he learned a lesson there, oh and he probably shouldn't expect too many calls to go his way when he is able to play again.
Some fans say the Hawks didn't get a call for 10 years after Tommy Lysiak intentionally tripped a linesman.
E.J. 09:20 PM 02-04-2016
Avs getting some unreal opportunities here vs Dallas, including a PS, just can't convert.

Getting a bit chippy as well... Avs have had their number, think they are getting frustrated. (Hope I didn't jinx them)
E.J. 09:30 PM 02-04-2016
I did jinx 'um... Avs go from their best 5 minute stretch to not being able to get the puck out of the zone and giving up the tying goal. Should/could be worse without some great saves by Pickard.
E.J. 09:51 PM 02-04-2016
:-)Yep...jinxed 'um....stupid post....:-):-)
E.J. 10:20 PM 02-04-2016
Apparently McDavid had a couple more tonight.
icehog3 10:40 AM 02-05-2016
Two assists on Eberle goals actually, but the Kid is the real deal, E.J.

When do they say Varlamov will play next?
E.J. 11:06 AM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
When do they say Varlamov will play next?
Have not heard, but I don't know why he wouldn't start Saturday. He's been back on the ice for 3-4 days after the trial, he's their clear #1. Should know tomorrow AM.
Page 9 of 24
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up