Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>wine forums?
TheRiddick 01:32 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Was that really a guess? :-) You bet I am!
Not really a guess since I know you're not a fan of CA wines and only Loire outside of CA makes great single varietal Cab Franc. There are small batch and affordable Cab Francs produced in Napa, but I am not sure they reach Right Coast.

Read that Marty's moved to a new location, they used to have great selection of wine.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:36 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I think his post was an attempt to identify the point of the movie.

But if the shoe fits . . . .
Posted via Mobile Device
Bad behavior starts at the top and trickles down... Blind leading the blind model never seems to fail... Same as in Sideways...
[Reply]
icehog3 01:38 PM 09-17-2010
Wine and movie reviews! I love this thread!
[Reply]
gorob23 01:47 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Bad behavior starts at the top and trickles down... Blind leading the blind model never seems to fail... Same as in Sideways...
Hey this sounds like a Deck Herf :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:00 PM 09-17-2010
What wine goes good with cake?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:10 PM 09-17-2010
Not really a guess since I know you're not a fan of CA wines and only Loire outside of CA makes great single varietal Cab Franc. There are small batch and affordable Cab Francs produced in Napa, but I am not sure they reach Right Coast.

Read that Marty's moved to a new location, they used to have great selection of wine.
You mean like the 2006 Usseglio Châteauneuf-du-Pape for $25?

I picked up an almost vertical of Diamond Creek wines from the early 80's to mid 90's for a steal a couple of months ago; not from Marty's.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:12 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Sauternes, Ice Wine, Asti, Muscato, and Madeira to start. Depends what kind of cake. How rich, which flavor...
[Reply]
pektel 02:12 PM 09-17-2010
What kind of cake?
[Reply]
Bigwaved 09:32 PM 09-17-2010
"Lead by example" seems to be lost in translation...
If the behavior modeled is poor, then leading by example is detrimental. If one reads many of your posts it becomes very clear very soon that you fit that mold. You seem very comfortable ridiculing and using a condemning language. I do not know you from Adam, but I wonder what inadequacy you are living with to cause you to project as you do.
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:53 PM 10-06-2010
This has cake on the label does that count? :-)

[Reply]
romwarrior 03:52 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by TrickNick:
Excellent advice from someone that knows his wine!

One of the wine forums I like is http://www.wineberserkers.com
I don't participate in any wine forums, but my good friend is a hardcore wine guy and this is the one he likes.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up