Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Yuengling Light...WTF?
bigliver 05:54 AM 09-02-2010
I'm really suffering through a few Yuengling Lights. This is absolutely the worst light beer I have every put my mouth to, and I've drank some pretty sh!tty beers. I just consumed 1200 empty calories and have nothing to show for it. I kept thinking maybe the buzz would help with the taste, but the buzz never showed up. This crap is like city tap water right after a two-day water outage. I will NOT be revisiting this one.
[Reply]
bigdix 05:55 AM 09-02-2010
Damn, brother! Try the regular...it's decent. Actually they have some of the Black & Tan at the shopette...it's not bad either. :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 05:59 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
Damn, brother! Try the regular...it's decent. Actually they have some of the Black & Tan at the shopette...it's not bad either. :-)
I really like the regular. It's one of my favorite beers. Maybe that's why this one seems to taste so horrible.
[Reply]
jmsremax 06:49 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
I really like the regular.
:-) , but now I am curious to see how bad the light could be.
[Reply]
Parshooter 11:12 AM 09-02-2010
I've had the regular and the B&T, I just don't see what the fuss is about.
[Reply]
AD720 12:18 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
:-) , but now I am curious to see how bad the light could be.
It's pretty bad. I'm a big Yuengling supporter and have been for a while, but the Light is still pretty bad. Better than the other macrobrews though (IMO).
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:44 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
I'm really suffering through a few Yuengling Lights. This is absolutely the worst light beer I have every put my mouth to, and I've drank some pretty sh!tty beers. I just consumed 1200 empty calories and have nothing to show for it. I kept thinking maybe the buzz would help with the taste, but the buzz never showed up. This crap is like city tap water right after a two-day water outage. I will NOT be revisiting this one.
the "Light" or "Light Lager"?...2 really different brews....I like the light lager but the "light" is p!ss!!
[Reply]
BlackDog 02:47 PM 09-02-2010
1200 calories? I thought that 12oz of light beer was about 100 calories. Almost 1 gallon of p!ss water would make me suffer too. Instead, drink 2 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Ales, enjoy a great beer, get your 1200 calories, and have a nice warm buzz when you're through.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:05 PM 09-02-2010
On the one hand, Jason, I feel for you. On the other . . . well, IMHO, anybody who drinks light beer deserves whatever he gets. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 03:08 PM 09-02-2010
Nice hit. :-)

Never had any Yuengling.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:15 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Never had any Yuengling.
The regular Yuengling, as others have noted, is a decent domestic beer. Not great, but drinkable.
[Reply]
Eagle53 03:56 PM 09-02-2010
It certainly isnt any worse than the big three lights. Bud, Miller, and Coors. Yuengling light is one of the better massively available light beers IMHO
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:04 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
On the one hand, Jason, I feel for you. On the other . . . well, IMHO, anybody who drinks light beer deserves whatever he gets. :-)
:-)

Really! Light beer? I don't care what it is. Light beer?

OK, so I had to give you grief.

But seriously, light beer?
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:35 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Eagle53:
It certainly isnt any worse than the big three lights. Bud, Miller, and Coors. Yuengling light is one of the better massively available light beers IMHO
I don't know if I would refer to Yuengling as "massively available." We don't get it up here in New England for instance.

On a side note, every time I'm on vacation and see Yuengling on the beer list I order it. Then I taste it and wonder why I ordered it. You'd think I'd remember that I don't think much of it.
[Reply]
timj219 06:46 PM 09-02-2010
Light beer and decaffeinated coffeee are harbingers of the apocalypse
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:45 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I don't know if I would refer to Yuengling as "massively available." We don't get it up here in New England for instance.

On a side note, every time I'm on vacation and see Yuengling on the beer list I order it. Then I taste it and wonder why I ordered it. You'd think I'd remember that I don't think much of it.
:-) even the normal stuff taste like coors and why is it in a green bottle? :-)

But when I am in Philly I feel obligated to buy one.
[Reply]
Eagle53 03:52 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
:-) even the normal stuff taste like coors and why is it in a green bottle? :-)

But when I am in Philly I feel obligated to buy one.
Odd it isnt avail in NE bc the stuff it made in PA
[Reply]
Cigarcop 06:10 PM 09-07-2010
Regular Green bottle for me please :-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:21 AM 09-09-2010
Light lagers = p*ss

with that judgment passed, its amazing what happens when you fall into craft beer. I'd like to say I could drink light lagers still, but that would be a lie.
[Reply]
Noodles 11:17 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

Really! Light beer? I don't care what it is. Light beer?

OK, so I had to give you grief.

But seriously, light beer?

There are some words that should be used together. Light and beer. Another one is Veggie and Burger. It ain't right.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up