Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The 11 Manliest Cocktails In The World
icehog3 02:37 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
So glad I got to do shots of dog water with the boys at Shack this weekend... Chit, I would do shots of water from Lake Erie with those guys... especially Tom :-)
Right back atcha, My Brother. Hope we don't wait a year to have another drink together either, Moe. :-)

Originally Posted by galaga:
Bea hasn't been gone that long, but its good to see that you've moved on........:-)
Bea has been gone far too long for the munting, Rick....so I must move along, sadly. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:27 PM 08-25-2010
I do love an Irish Car Bomb once in a while... but I consider it a "manly" drink. Usually, when I have one it is near the end of the night and I am in that downward spiral!!!

For manly, bourbon on the rocks, scotch or rum neat. Done!!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:05 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Not commenting on quality here.

But I have witnessed a shipping container full of booze get busted open by a crane.
Many of my fellow Longshoremen were sopping up the spill with their greasy work gloves,
safety vests, and dirty handkerchiefs.
Then wringing the booze out in their mouth.
Probably not delicious, but manly as hell!
My testosterone level went up just reading this post.

MCS
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:47 PM 08-25-2010
One note, I have always called a different drink by the name Snake Bite, which is a blended beer drink of Harp and Pear Cider.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:07 AM 08-26-2010
Nothing trendy for me, just give me an old school Manhattan with Rye instead of Bourbon; the way they were invented.
[Reply]
pektel 09:55 AM 08-26-2010
Forgot all about the Vesper. I really want to try one! So, I did a little researching to find Kina Lillet. Turns out it 's not available anymore. There is a successful replacement though, called Cocchi Apertivo Americano. Had to order it from cali.
[Reply]
sevans105 10:09 AM 08-26-2010
Personally, I've tried a ton of trendy drinks...lots of mixes...come back to either bourbon (four roses is my love of the moment) or high end vodka. Loving on Ketel One and tonic or a local product - Shakers vodka. They have both a Rye and a Wheat version. Like the wheat a bit better. Sent a sample of both down to Virginia Ghost.
[Reply]
pektel 10:13 AM 08-26-2010
Shaker's is local? Never knew that. Shows how much I pay attention.

My goto vodka has been absolut or stoli.
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:33 AM 08-26-2010
Manly Drinks:
Bourbon, neat (a few cubes or a splash is ok)
Scotch, neat (see above disclaimer)
Vodka, martini, shots, or on the rocks
Rum, neat
Tequila, neat
Slivovitz (if you must ask...)

Anything mixed with cola, fruit juice, or more than a 1-1 ratio is for the ladies. Mixed shots (car bombs, duck farts, etc) are for college kids.
[Reply]
pektel 10:40 AM 08-26-2010
Surprised no one mentioned a beer.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:48 AM 08-26-2010
Beer isn't a cocktail.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
darkleeroy 11:09 AM 08-26-2010
I drink Mojitos all night long.

Don't judge me...
[Reply]
T.G 11:10 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by pektel:
Forgot all about the Vesper. I really want to try one! So, I did a little researching to find Kina Lillet. Turns out it 's not available anymore. There is a successful replacement though, called Cocchi Apertivo Americano. Had to order it from cali.
Before he moved back to Milwaukee, a friend of mine who is very much into Bond and I used to drink Vespers rather often (usually about 10-15 of us would go and hit the bar for one of them, then off to the premere of the newest Bond movie) and they are quite good. I seem to recall that we used Lillet Blanc plus a drop or two of Angustura Bitters, as this was considered an acceptable substitute and something that you would find available at a bar. Gin was usually Boodle's and Vodka was Belvedere.
[Reply]
pektel 11:29 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Beer isn't a cocktail.
Posted via Mobile Device
lol. my bad. For some reason I thought it was manliest drinks.

Originally Posted by T.G:
Before he moved back to Milwaukee, a friend of mine who is very much into Bond and I used to drink Vespers rather often (usually about 10-15 of us would go and hit the bar for one of them, then off to the premere of the newest Bond movie) and they are quite good. I seem to recall that we used Lillet Blanc plus a drop or two of Angustura Bitters, as this was considered an acceptable substitute and something that you would find available at a bar. Gin was usually Boodle's and Vodka was Belvedere.
I did read about Lillet Blanc, but it lacked the bitterness of the kina lillet. I had also read about bittering it up with quinine. That Angustora bitters idea seems logical. I may try that too. Thanks for the recommendation!
[Reply]
T.G 11:36 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Beer isn't a cocktail.
Posted via Mobile Device
lol. my bad. For some reason I thought it was manliest drinks.
It IS the most manly drink of all manlyness when he drinks it.

[Reply]
yourchoice 11:46 AM 08-26-2010
Or, scotch with 2 ice cubes. Jameson is my current fave budget scotch whiskey.
Jameson may be whiskey, but it's as Scottish as tequila. :-)

Manly cocktails or not, I like:

Martini (with gin of course!)
Scotch (neat)
Bourbon (neat or with an ice cube)
Tequila (chilled)
Rum (neat or with an ice cube)
[Reply]
pektel 11:57 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Jameson may be whiskey, but it's as Scottish as tequila. :-)
I'm all full of mistakes today. I meant Irish whiskey. Maybe I'm a little more hung over than I thought :-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 12:15 PM 08-26-2010
To make the beer drinkers feel better, I just wanted to point out that neat drinks or (name your favorite brand of liquor) on the rocks aren't cocktails either.
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:20 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
To make the beer drinkers feel better, I just wanted to point out that neat drinks or (name your favorite brand of liquor) on the rocks aren't cocktails either.
I agree. A cocktail is 2 or more ingredients. That's why I said "or not". :-)

An "extra dry Martini" without any vermouth isn't a cocktail either. For that matter it isn't a Martini. It's gin (or vodka).
[Reply]
pnoon 12:53 PM 08-26-2010
My butt itches. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up