Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Shack Liquors list
Mugen910 09:45 AM 08-23-2010

That was a beautiful sight!
[Reply]
Rock Star 09:48 AM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
I spy two bottles of Saphire but what is this...No Jack? No Jamesons? Hmmm. Those must have gone empty already!
look at the blow up pic...back right..2 uncracked liters..there were 4 of them..makers..you name it, it was there
[Reply]
Chingas 09:54 AM 08-23-2010
Right next to the Saphire. I'll make an apt with the eye doctor next week!

I there an after shot of what's left?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:09 AM 08-23-2010
I there an after shot of what's left?
[Reply]
neoflex 10:15 AM 08-23-2010
I spy Six Grapes.
[Reply]
e-man67 11:17 AM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Tom, that wasn't that girl you were doing shots with was it!...or was that her mother? :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:28 AM 08-23-2010
I have to say, I got there pretty early on Thursday, mostly cause it was HOT in Memphis and I wanted OUT.
But when I got there at nearly the crack of dawn, that table was 98% covered. All I can figure is that there
might have been a few left un-tapped from a previous wedding of a certain dude, or that the story Dave
told about the liquor store was a little more serious than I originally thought. Yeah, there was some stuff.
What I brought ended up filling the last empty spaces/.
[Reply]
OLS 11:36 AM 08-23-2010
I spy two bottles of Saphire but what is this...No Jack? No Jamesons? Hmmm. Those must have gone empty already!
I think it is pretty common at the Shack that the pre-buy does not contain some of those
types of liquor because Dave knows that those are pretty personal choice items and folks
end up bringing LOTS of top Whiskeys, Rums and Vodkas. No Jack is a funny story.
There was Basil Hayden, Wild Turkey, 4 Roses single barrel, Woodford Reserve, and about
8-9 more I have forgotten. As for scotch, I am not sure there was more than about a
half dozen bottles, but I know I am wrong. This year the RUM stock was off the freraking
charts, too. There were no less than 12 different types of any one liquor, and many
duplicates. Gins might have been light, but I didn't LOOK for em. They might also be
in the Martini making station in the executive lodge...:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:05 PM 08-23-2010
Two half gallons of Jack Daniels, and I don't think any went to waste. Good thing I don't drink bourbon, they would have needed to be replenished after Thursday like the tequila. :-)
[Reply]
357 12:26 PM 08-23-2010
There was plenty of Jack and gin. There were two half gallons of Sapphire, two fifths of Tanqueray, and a fifth of Beefeater when I got there. I added another half gallon of Sapphire and a fifth of regular Bombay. Later someone else added two fifths of OLDS (I believe that's the name) gin. It tasted like it had a little whiskey or something blended into it.

OLS was right about the rum, tons to choose from, including Centenario XX. Great stuff!
[Reply]
Chingas 11:50 PM 08-23-2010
Sounds the The shack is straight up intense. I'm sad I missed it but it'll give me something to look forward to next year!
[Reply]
OLS 12:12 PM 08-25-2010
I humbly offer you my spot. As I stated somewhere else, I think that people like me who are not
exactly hard core should give up their spot after a few years to let in the new blood. There is
a group of 50% of the guys/gals who would never THINK about missing one. But if we were all like
that, it would be up to 300+ people next year. That means there would be 9 in my room at Surf.

I don't mean to say that it is not AWESOME, or for that matter that there is ANYTHING wrong with
going every year. Not at all. But when I went to bed Thusday at 11, I had been up for 42 hours
and I was beat. Then I petered out again at 11 on Friday. Most of these cats go long into the
3 o'clock hour. Almost everyone goes to 2am. I just start drinking too early and too hard. My second
drink of the Shack on Thursday was Rum and Rum. I totally forgot to put coke in there, I just closed
the Rum, picked another rum and filled to the glass edge. And strangley it was excellent. And strong.
[Reply]
spivy 12:22 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
My second
drink of the Shack on Thursday was Rum and Rum. I totally forgot to put coke in there, I just closed
the Rum, picked another rum and filled to the glass edge. And strangley it was excellent. And strong.
That does sound like a good idea. I remember starting with a mountain dew and rum, maybe a shot of mountain dew and the rest was rum.
[Reply]
357 01:06 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I humbly offer you my spot. As I stated somewhere else, I think that people like me who are not
exactly hard core should give up their spot after a few years to let in the new blood. There is
a group of 50% of the guys/gals who would never THINK about missing one. But if we were all like
that, it would be up to 300+ people next year. That means there would be 9 in my room at Surf.

I don't mean to say that it is not AWESOME, or for that matter that there is ANYTHING wrong with
going every year. Not at all. But when I went to bed Thusday at 11, I had been up for 42 hours
and I was beat. Then I petered out again at 11 on Friday. Most of these cats go long into the
3 o'clock hour. Almost everyone goes to 2am. I just start drinking too early and too hard. My second
I read your blog on Shack VI. The PPP you mentioned was fun. It was good seeing you again Brad. I hope to see you again next August. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up