Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Cheap College Beers
forgop 12:08 PM 07-22-2010
No mention of Icehouse yet? It seemed really popular in the early-mid '90's at Purdue for events like penny beer night. It was also said to have a higher alcohol content than most of the others out there. I just remember that the stuff was awful.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:00 PM 07-22-2010
Keystone Light ... at 15 bucks a 30-pack. How can you go wrong?
[Reply]
mahtofire 01:06 PM 07-22-2010
Schnitzengiggles :-)

[Reply]
pnoon 01:06 PM 07-22-2010
Nice review.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OLS 04:33 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
No mention of Icehouse yet? It seemed really popular in the early-mid '90's at Purdue for events like penny beer night.
My god, PENNY BEER NIGHT? It was NICKEL beer night when I was binge drinking and that was 1982! Talk about reverse-flation.
[Reply]
forgop 05:17 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
My god, PENNY BEER NIGHT? It was NICKEL beer night when I was binge drinking and that was 1982! Talk about reverse-flation.
That's because they were giving us Icehouse, not to mention the $3 cover charge. I wouldn't drink one if it was given to me now. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:44 PM 07-22-2010
Lonestar Longnecks From Deep In The Heart Of Texas!:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:50 PM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
Homebrew. It's cheaper :-) . I won a medal in a homebrew comp when I was 20 because they didn't ask for age. I just sent my beers in, haha. Average of $10 for 50 beers that taste great is way better than $20 for 30 beers that taste like piss.

I'm still in college (should have just graduated, but I'm way behind in school), and I've had this for awhile...

The pic holds the answer! :-):-)

Meisterbrau.....and the HighLife....Michelob when cash was good!!
[Reply]
gvarsity 11:16 PM 07-22-2010
Old Milwaukee in returnable bottles. 9.99 a case and it tasted the same warm or cold. Which is not really a good thing but you didn't care if you grabbed it off the floor or out of the cooler. We used the empty cases as furniture until the end of the semester when we would do a mass return to the liquor store.

Tom PBR was top shelf.

In high school we drank Special Export (Green Death) and Black Label.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:25 PM 07-22-2010
Special Export!! I forgot about that swill, Bob! :-)

That and Rhinelander...I was happy to forget them. :-)
[Reply]
baldanders 12:05 AM 07-23-2010
Red,White and Blue
Golden Anniversary Beer
Old Milwaukee
Schlitz
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 10:45 AM 07-23-2010
I was a strange kid, by 17 I was already obsessed with Micro-breweries and Brew-Pubs. Most of my college visits we done so I could eat dinner at the local Brewpub in the area. By 21 I had sampled well over 1,000 different beers and attended the Great American Beer Festival twice.

But on those nights were volume was the goal, mostly stuck to Busch Light, Coors Light & Lowenbrau Ponies
[Reply]
Powers 11:02 AM 07-23-2010
Speaking as a recent grad from the University of Florida, a consistent top 5 party school:

- Natural Light (AKA Natty) was the base for all parties and drinking games.
- Bud Light is what the frat boys drank.
- PBR was considered classier, sipping beer
- Icehouse was more bang for the buck sipping beer (5.5%)
- Guinness was a special treat to be savored. Usually bought for a special occasion, like birthdays or after beating Georgia's @ss up and down the field
- Blue Moon is what u bought a chick at the bar
.......and Genny Light was the one beer that was universally unbearable

Not that I ever touched the stuff but that about covers it for my experience! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
pektel 12:18 PM 07-23-2010
Been out of college for a while now, but still drink Keystone light at music festivals.

Main choices during college were Leinenkugel's, Pig's Eye, Old Milwaukee, Miller High Life and Busch light.

Around the festivals I go to, I see a lot of Hamm's being drank. Dunno what that's about.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:10 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
Speaking as a recent grad from the University of Florida, a consistent top 5 party school:

- Guinness was a special treat to be savored. Usually bought for a special occasion, like birthdays or after beating Georgia's @ss up and down the field
Excellent Michael...you got to drink quite a bit of Guinness then! :-)
[Reply]
Powers 02:36 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Excellent Michael...you got to drink quite a bit of Guinness then! :-)
you bet! Guinness always tastes better with a hint of victory mixed in with the hops :-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:34 AM 08-11-2010
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
We used the empty cases as furniture until the end of the semester when we would do a mass return to the liquor store.
Talk about an invitation to German Cockroaches!! I bet you guys had em running all over the place.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 08:09 PM 08-12-2010
College beers? High Life, PBR and Coors are still commonly seen in my fridge.
[Reply]
JDTexan 08:13 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Lonestar Longnecks From Deep In The Heart Of Texas!:-)
Oh Yeah!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:15 PM 08-12-2010
Coors and anything Seagrams.
My buddy's dad owned the distributor. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up