Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Cheap College Beers
mahtofire 10:49 PM 07-12-2010
Yeah I got Hamms out there, although I gotta admit I draw the line at glueck....
[Reply]
icehog3 10:50 PM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by mahtofire:
Yeah I got Hamms out there, although I gotta admit I draw the line at glueck....
Although Glueck was still better than Blatz! :-)
[Reply]
ODLS1 11:46 PM 07-12-2010
Homebrew. It's cheaper :-) . I won a medal in a homebrew comp when I was 20 because they didn't ask for age. I just sent my beers in, haha. Average of $10 for 50 beers that taste great is way better than $20 for 30 beers that taste like piss.

I'm still in college (should have just graduated, but I'm way behind in school), and I've had this for awhile...

[Reply]
ridenlive 12:44 AM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
Homebrew. It's cheaper :-) . I won a medal in a homebrew comp when I was 20 because they didn't ask for age. I just sent my beers in, haha. Average of $10 for 50 beers that taste great is way better than $20 for 30 beers that taste like piss.

I'm still in college (should have just graduated, but I'm way behind in school), and I've had this for awhile...

i want to do this,one problem tho I'm pretty sure the apartment complex would not enjoy it when the lease is up.
[Reply]
ODLS1 01:13 AM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by ridenlive:
i want to do this,one problem tho I'm pretty sure the apartment complex would not enjoy it when the lease is up.
So buy another fridge :-) . I got that for $80 off Craigslist. Fits Six, 5gal homebrew kegs, about the size of 1/6bbl kegs. Drilled a bunch of holes, and made a keggerator.
[Reply]
ridenlive 01:47 AM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
So buy another fridge :-) . I got that for $80 off Craigslist. Fits Six, 5gal homebrew kegs, about the size of 1/6bbl kegs. Drilled a bunch of holes, and made a keggerator.
ahhh i so would... she would kill me must hit idea out of head
[Reply]
druturn 03:00 AM 07-13-2010
Although not technically a college beer, a staple in my fridge at college is Shiner Bock! Dang that beer is good, and a true Texan beer! :-)

College beers that I drink:
PBR
Miller High Life
[Reply]
bigswol2 01:54 PM 07-14-2010
My college days were spent drinking Artic Bay, Olde English 800, Molson Ice, and Newcastle ale.
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 06:27 PM 07-14-2010
The Usual Suspects
Bud Light
Beast
Coors Extra Gold
Natural Light
Little Kings

If we had extra change

St Pauli Girl
Sam Adams
Moose Head
Heineken
Rolling rock
[Reply]
Wanger 06:15 AM 07-15-2010
Wasn't a big drinker in college, but up in Grand Forks, the big things there were Busch pounders and Primo Night at Whitey's in East Grand Forks ($1 pints of Grain Belt Premium).
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:57 AM 07-15-2010
Mostly keg beer at fraternity parties, so it was whatever they were serving up! But when we bought, you couldn't beat a case of Hamm's for $5. :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:49 AM 07-15-2010
I am from WI so it was:

The Beast - Thursday nights $1 taps
Hi-Life
Red Dog

Started drinking PBR when I was like 5. It didn't fit in the glass when I poured them at parties at our house so I would just finish what was left!!
[Reply]
rack04 09:51 AM 07-15-2010
The Beast
Natty Light
PBR
Long Star
Keystone
[Reply]
ucla695 10:33 AM 07-15-2010
Key Light, Natty Light, Old-E and MGD when we wanted a treat.:-)
[Reply]
JJG 11:06 AM 07-15-2010
being from Texas, we enjoyed Lone Star pretty exclusively as our cheap beer of choice. but for some reason, all my friends loved to buy this stuff called Dundee's Honey Brown ale. I don't know if they still make it but it was pretty good.

I still enjoy Lone Star regularly, especially if I'm at an overpriced bar.
[Reply]
scoot 12:31 AM 07-21-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
When is was in college, the beers we drank were

Haffenreffer Private Stock - 40 & 64 oz.
Colt 45 - 40 oz.
Olde English 800 - 40 oz.

I had a tough time taming the 64. It would always be too warm by the end. They really nailed it with the 40; just the right amount of beer to get things started.
These plus St. Ides and 211 Steel Reserve. Yuengling Lager Quarts, too, but they cost more and you get less. Once people started turning 21 we mostly drank pretty respectable beer.
[Reply]
cricky101 08:39 AM 07-21-2010
High School Cheap Beer - Busch Light
College Cheap Beer - Ice House. If I remember right, it was stronger than typical cheap beers, and we could usually get 12-packs of bottles for between $5-$6. But wow did it taste bad.
[Reply]
OLS 08:55 AM 07-22-2010
Life was, even then, too short to waste on cheap beer. Or maybe I had priorities.
But the lowest in price I would stoop was Busch. Which granted, is pretty low down.
But I would only buy Bud Light when it was me doing the buying, which was 90% of
the time. Worst thing was realizing on Sunday am that you had really F'ed up and
let Saturday get away from you. NO BEER in most of Mississippi on Sunday. And
even when we would plan ahead and get beer for two days, some idiots would always
stay up later than us and drink Sunday's beer at 2am and be GONE the next day when
it was reckoning time. I used to love Rose's Quik Stop outside hattiesburg, though.
You'd go to the back of the store WITH your brown paper sack and fill it up and bring
that to the counter. She would look in the bag, ring you up and get you out the door.
Just shows to go ya, where there is a stupid law, there is someone bold enough to bribe
someone to let em break it.
[Reply]
OLS 08:57 AM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
It didn't fit in the glass when I poured them at parties at our house so I would just finish what was left!!
Every sip's a cold one!
[Reply]
macpappy 11:57 AM 07-22-2010
From Texas: Lone Star (but only in long necks) or Pearl (also only in bottles)
Then there was Washington State and Olympia, Heidelberg and Rainier. I really got started on dark beer with Heidelberg Alt which was made with dark roasted malt.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up