Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Am I the Only Guy Who Doesn't Like a Bunch of Hops?
Bill86 02:58 PM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Just don't ever ever tell me that Midas' Touch is the best beer ever... I'll go off on you like a Spider Monkey.
No it isn't but it's not a bad beer. I enjoy it from time to time. But again I like all craft brews of all types as long as their good. My latest DFH beer I'm diggin is the Sautea...really good.
[Reply]
bigliver 05:52 PM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I agree with bland. I haven't found a SN that I liked. The last one I tried was that first 30th anny bottle. Not saying SN is bad, just isn't my cup of tea.

It's like cigars, everyone's palate is different.
SN Celebration Ale = Good Stuff
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:19 PM 08-30-2010
I haven't a SN that I liked
[Reply]
BlackDog 07:58 PM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
I haven't a SN that I liked
Well seeing that Baltika label in your avatar explains a great deal. :-)

J/K. I swear the stalest, most skunked beer I ever had was a Baltika #3, so I think that put me in a negative frame of mind about Baltika. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:22 PM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:

J/K. I swear the stalest, most skunked beer I ever had was a Baltika #3, so I think that put me in a negative frame of mind about Baltika. :-)
I suffered through more than one bottle of SN. Luckily I never had that experience witj baltika :-)
[Reply]
ODLS1 09:17 PM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:

Did you check the date on it? The Baltikas we get aren't too far to being out of date when we get them from the distributors. I don't know if they just have them for awhile because they don't sell that quickly, or if they also get them without much time left on them. I still haven't tried any though, I need to.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 08:46 AM 08-31-2010
I really like hops. As opposed to some I find the bitterness crisp and refreshing on a hot day. I also like stouts, porters, bocks, belgians, and ambers. I like beer I guess :-)

I do think it is interesting that such large amounts of hops are being used by microbreweries when the world supply is so low and the cost is so high. I would think they would be pushing maltier beers.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up