Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>A Martini thread?
gvarsity 07:37 PM 08-26-2010
Sapphire 5-1 ratio with dry vermouth & three olives. For years I did parched martinis with a few drops or light coating of vermouth or just thinking the word quietly. I discovered that they are so much smoother and tastier (to me) if you actually use vermouth as intended. I also like my vodka but typically will just get it really cold and throw in a twist of lemon and not bother with a martini per se.
[Reply]
Negncic 09:06 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
Sapphire 5-1 ratio with dry vermouth & three olives. For years I did parched martinis with a few drops or light coating of vermouth or just thinking the word quietly. I discovered that they are so much smoother and tastier (to me) if you actually use vermouth as intended. I also like my vodka but typically will just get it really cold and throw in a twist of lemon and not bother with a martini per se.

:-)
But sometimes I substitute either Tanqueray No 10 or Plymouth. 3 olives is a must.
[Reply]
CoventryCat86 10:06 PM 08-26-2010
I've never had a vodka martini and probably never will. I like Bombay Sapphire the best or any London dry gin. I've have Tanquery martinis but I'm not that fond of them. I was desperate one night and used some Fleischmans's gin and it was so horrible, I couldn't finish it.:-)

Just a touch of vermouth, shaken, poured into a martini glass (that I keep in the freezer) and I like either onion or bleu cheese stuffed olives.:-)

I like the idea of keeping the gin in the freezer but I've never done that. I should try that.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up