Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Does Anyone Collect Sealed Beer Bottles?
JohnnyFlake 11:18 AM 07-15-2010
Do anyone collect sealed beer bottles?

I have a variety of at least 40/50 different Specialty/Micro-Brewery, sealed bottles, from 2005/2006 and I am looking to sell or trade them. I will happily do singles or a combination of several bottles. Let me know, if there are any interested members. I'll put together a list if there interest.

For example:
Stone 8th Anniversary Ale 22oz
Stone 9th Anniversary Ale 22oz
St Bernardus Tripel Abbey Ale 11.2 oz
Ommegang Abbey Ale 750ml
Trader Joe's 2005 Vintage Ale 750ml
Three Floyds - Dreadnaught 22oz
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 04:36 PM 07-15-2010
How have they been stored? If they have been stored properly some of these beers might be quite desirable.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 05:17 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by hornitosmonster:
How have they been stored? If they have been stored properly some of these beers might be quite desirable.
They have been stored in the coolest area in my home, in the dark. All of the live yeast beers - Trappist Ales, etc. age very well. They are great right now and should improve for years to come. Many of the other beers age very nicely as well.

I will put a list together, over the next few days, and send it to anyone who PMs me, requesting same.
[Reply]
Mugen910 05:40 PM 07-15-2010
excuse the ignorance but doesn't beer go bad after a while?
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:02 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
excuse the ignorance but doesn't beer go bad after a while?
Good beer doesnt! Some are like fine wine, and only get better with age!!!
[Reply]
Bill86 10:21 PM 07-26-2010
Certains beers are good to "age" they develop complexity and taste EVEN BETTER! But they must be aged correctly (in a dark 55 degree is "cellar").

I know I am a new user but I would certainly be interested in CERTAIN beers that have been aging...or not. Unluckily I am located in TN (our distribution sucks) but I still am quite the elitist beer drinker. Not so much on cigars, but hey I'm here so it's a start.

I'm interested in the following breweries that are unavailable to me:

Alesmith (speedway stout)
Bell's (expedition stout)
Founder's (the breakfast stouts)
Cigar City (Hunahpu’s, Marshal Zhukov’s)
Dieu du Ciel (Péché Mortel)
Westvleteren (12)
Russian River (IPA's the younger and the elder)

If you have any of those email me @ Bdol1986@yahoo.com. Aged or just bottled. Or just compile your list and send it to me.

Love the dreadnaughts, I had my parents grab me a case of them when they were in Indiana, along with a 6 of robert and a 6 of alpha king. $130 of pure deliciousness.
[Reply]
Up