Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Octoberfest - What are you drinking?
Mugen910 09:07 PM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by mobarbq:
I think I'll try some Samuel Adams Oktoberfest... heard good things about it.
:-)

Just had one
[Reply]
b0rderman 10:31 AM 09-23-2010
1 liter of Optimator is a serious endeavor, props to you
[Reply]
T.G 10:50 AM 09-23-2010

This is the first time since the brewery was founded 20 years ago that they have bottled their Oktoberfest beer. I miss the on-tap only unfiltered Oktoberfest that they made in the past, but I don't miss the fact that they would tap the kegs at 11am on 'fest Friday and by late Saturday night, they would be sold out. I've been bugging them for years to allow growlers, but they won't do it, so with this, I was finally able to bring one of their specialty beers to a herf yesterday.
Attached: sudwerk-marzen_11.jpg (43.9 KB) 
[Reply]
joeybear 01:07 PM 09-29-2010
Had the Ayinger Oktoberfest and really liked it. The cap is pretty cool, too. Also drinking Great Lakes, Left Hand, and Victory. I think I like the Victory Festbier the most of those three.
[Reply]
pektel 01:14 PM 09-29-2010
Paulaner here. I would drink Spaten, but hate green bottles. Had teh Sam Adams octoberfest, was not impressed.

I will say this: a buddy did tell me that the Paulaner we were drinking tasted like it wasn't finished yet. But he's a hop-head.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:03 PM 11-24-2010
OK guys, here's one for you. A guy just came in here, and was delighted that I still had some Sam Adams Octoberfest in the cooler. So he grabs two cold sixes, hands me his credit card, and asks if he gets a quantity discount. (As a reference point, this is a well-to-do businessman who once complained to me about charging 7 cents for a photocopy, instead of, say, five.) Then he looks at the bottles in both sixes, and sees one is punched with an "expiration" in March, while the other was "February". So then he insists that I dig down to the bottom of a stack of other cases to find him another "fresh" one.

Please, do me a favor my brothers: If I ever become such a total @$$hole, kindly shoot me in the head.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:30 PM 11-24-2010
Really 2 6 packs discount on sam adams *shakes head* what do those cost less than $15? The only time you get a discount is at the liquor store when you purchase high gravity beer in 6'ers or cases. Even though I don't bother asking for a discount they just give it to me.

You're seriously not going to drink 12 beers in 4-5 months? Tell him to buy one 6 pack then and GTFO. That's embarrassing IMO.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up