Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 20
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cheap Smoke Thread
smokin5 09:35 PM 03-12-2010
I just noticed you didn't include the Famous Nicaraguan 5000.
I personally find this selection even tastier than the 3000.
And at $46/20-pack (including shipping), it's one of the best deals out there.
[Reply]
rgrecco 12:56 PM 03-13-2010
I am BRAND NEW to the site... But I ran across this on Cigar Internation today...

If you wanna take advantage of it you have 9 HOURS FROM RIGHT NOW...

(10) Petrus Reposado #6000 (6.0"x54) for $17.50 + FREE SHIPPING...

Enjoy and Good Luck!!!
[Reply]
Kreth 02:40 PM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by smokin5:
I just noticed you didn't include the Famous Nicaraguan 5000.
I personally find this selection even tastier than the 3000.
And at $46/20-pack (including shipping), it's one of the best deals out there.
I'm curious who makes the different Nic blends. You hear a lot of buzz on the 3000s and almost nothing on the others.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
litedave 04:56 PM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by rgrecco:
I am BRAND NEW to the site... But I ran across this on Cigar Internation today...

If you wanna take advantage of it you have 9 HOURS FROM RIGHT NOW...

(10) Petrus Reposado #6000 (6.0"x54) for $17.50 + FREE SHIPPING...

Enjoy and Good Luck!!!
Thats a hell of a deal, too. Buck .75 each, but how do they taste?
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:28 PM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by fuente~fuente:
Moderately Cheap-
Brickhouse
La Traviata
El Baton

Really Cheap-
Tabacos Baez Serie SF
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
La Vieja Habana
I just ordered a box of the La Vieja Habana and I saw that they're on the list here, but I was wondering what people had to say about them.
[Reply]
jaydub13 09:40 PM 03-13-2010
Tatuaje Series P. Great smoke, great price, and who cares if it's mixed filler?
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 09:59 PM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I just ordered a box of the La Vieja Habana and I saw that they're on the list here, but I was wondering what people had to say about them.

I think the whole line is pretty solid for what you pay. I prefer the Maduro's, & the Cameroon, but like I said... They're all pretty tasty IMO.

I have a hard time believing that you will dissapointed for the $$$ spent.:-)
[Reply]
ripper 12:09 PM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I'm curious who makes the different Nic blends. You hear a lot of buzz on the 3000s and almost nothing on the others.
Posted via Mobile Device
Would bet the mortgage that the 7000s are by Don Pepin. Read the writeup about the triple cap and "one of the most famous tabacaleras in Nicaragua."
http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/fa...an+7000+cigars

I asked a Famous flunky if these cigars were by DPG. His reply was "I won't deny it."
Scored 2 bundles of the 7000 maduro torpedos for $26 each from cigarauctioneer when the line was introduced in November. Superb construction, emphatic tobacco flavor tinged with spice in a consistent everyday smoke. Have yet to encounter a bummer cigar. And shipping is free.
My guy at Famous said the torpedos are not available for now, so would substitute the maduro toros. Have not tried the natural cigars. Any of yinz tried them?
[Reply]
OHMatt 07:40 PM 03-15-2010
Originally Posted by Cigahs:
Thanks for the accolades, ripper. I'll neither confirm nor deny any claims as to where they come from but you nailed everything else. The Torpedo Maduros were a one-time shot come and gone but we'll have a steady supply of the other sizes. Not my personal favorite house blend but damn close to it.

Humberto
Spill it Humberto, what is your favorite FSS House blend?

BTW, I have my last of your Cajones cigars in my portable humi right now; will probably get torched tomrorrow or Thursday..
[Reply]
smokehouse 05:07 AM 03-18-2010
Had a Blue Label from CI yesterday. Not a bad smoke, for only having a couple weeks rest. Got a few more to try after they sit a little longer.
[Reply]
Cigahs 08:20 AM 03-25-2010
Thanks for the accolades, ripper. I'll neither confirm nor deny any claims as to where they come from but you nailed everything else. The Torpedo Maduros were a one-time shot come and gone but we'll have a steady supply of the other sizes. Not my personal favorite house blend but damn close to it.

Humberto
Originally Posted by ripper:
Would bet the mortgage that the 7000s are by Don Pepin. Read the writeup about the triple cap and "one of the most famous tabacaleras in Nicaragua."
http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/fa...an+7000+cigars

I asked a Famous flunky if these cigars were by DPG. His reply was "I won't deny it."
Scored 2 bundles of the 7000 maduro torpedos for $26 each from cigarauctioneer when the line was introduced in November. Superb construction, emphatic tobacco flavor tinged with spice in a consistent everyday smoke. Have yet to encounter a bummer cigar. And shipping is free.
My guy at Famous said the torpedos are not available for now, so would substitute the maduro toros. Have not tried the natural cigars. Any of yinz tried them?
I'm not your flunky... :-)

Originally Posted by OHMatt:
Spill it Humberto, what is your favorite FSS House blend?

BTW, I have my last of your Cajones cigars in my portable humi right now; will probably get torched tomrorrow or Thursday..
My favorite house blend varies just about every week. Currently, I'm on a Pai Gow kick. Med-Full bodied sweet tipped cigar.. Similar to La Fontana or Baccarat. My all-time favorite, though, has got to be Puros Huerfanos 681. But I can't talk about that one. The manufacturer has us on a stupid gag order. :-)I can only say that it's an identical blend to something far more expensive and highly touted all over the boards. If you're so inclined, I challenge you guys to figure it out. Consensus opinions on these sort of things are usually pretty accurate, though. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:25 AM 03-25-2010
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but the Indian Tabac maduros and Indian Tabac Super Fuerte maduros by Rocky Patel are a good, dang near free at cigarbid cigar. They're dipped dye maduros, super cheap construction, and would make a purist jump off a building, but they taste very good and are an incredible smoke for the money.
If you like a sweet medium/mild maduro, it'll fit the bill. An excellent newb choice that'll provide hours of flavor for a very little ching. :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 12:07 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
They're dipped dye maduros, super cheap construction, and would make a purist jump off a building, but they taste very good
I love these and they are cheap for sure. They used to be better a few years ago and I don't think they were dip dyed at that time. I think they even came in boxes then too.
[Reply]
MiamiE 08:18 PM 03-25-2010
My all-time favorite, though, has got to be Puros Huerfanos 681. But I can't talk about that one. The manufacturer has us on a stupid gag order. :-)I can only say that it's an identical blend to something far more expensive and highly touted all over the boards. If you're so inclined, I challenge you guys to figure it out. Consensus opinions on these sort of things are usually pretty accurate, though. :-)
Some say Liga #9. I don't know though.
[Reply]
Razorhog 09:05 PM 03-25-2010
I don't understand why a company would choose not to reveal that a house brand was produced by a well respected cigar maker such as Pepin Garcia. If the Famous Nicaraguan 7000's are made by Pepin, say so and sell 'em like hotcakes!
[Reply]
dox47 11:30 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by Razorhog:
I don't understand why a company would choose not to reveal that a house brand was produced by a well respected cigar maker such as Pepin Garcia. If the Famous Nicaraguan 7000's are made by Pepin, say so and sell 'em like hotcakes!
It's more likely that the gag order is coming from the producer, they might feel that it devalues their brand if they let it be known that they are making cheap smokes.
[Reply]
dox47 11:31 PM 03-25-2010
Got a few more for the list; Pirate's Gold Maduro and Piloto Cubano, got both for $1 a piece on Cbid, both have surprised me with some nice toasty notes with a hint of caramel.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:37 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I love these and they are cheap for sure. They used to be better a few years ago and I don't think they were dip dyed at that time. I think they even came in boxes then too.
You can get the ITSFs in boxes of 25. CI almost always has some sort of deal on the mazos of 20, though, so it's usually a no-brainer to grab the mazo unless you *really* want to pay for the box.
As for cheap construction, I find the ITs (and a few other bundle smokes) to be as good or better than many premiums.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
357 01:34 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I have only had the maduros, but I think they are a great smoke for the money. Check out ERdM Robusto. You can get a box of 20 from atlanticcigar.com for $60, shipped.
[Reply]
Rich Yhlen 08:26 AM 04-26-2010
1. 826 Slow aged Perdomo
2. Perdomo Fresco
3. Alcazar #4
4. Flor de Oliva
5. Fire Corojo
6. SPEF Cordoba
7. Famous Nic 3k
8. Famous Dom 5K
9. Punch London Club
10. CFO Reserva #7