Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 7151617 1819 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cheap Smoke Thread
irratebass 04:18 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy:
Very surprised not to find Gran Habano Vintage 2002's on the list. They're great at the price point. Habano wrappers aren't my favorite, but these are delish, and are often around $1.50 on cbid.

Perdomo's 10th Anny Maduro is also good. Super-smooth after a bit of rest. I think I've gotten then around $3 a stick.

Also, really, really like 601 Blue Labels and Tatuaje Havanas, probably two of my "everyday" favorites. They're on the monster all the time for about $3-$3.50 a stick.

Dunno who considers what cheap, but at $4, you cannot beat the Padron 2000 maduro, or the A. Fuente 858 maduro. Both are great sticks, and IMO are better than many $7-10 sticks out there.
Great additions, totally forgot about the GH's will have to def add these and your other suggestions to the list......anyone want to update that list? Jeff???
[Reply]
Apexkingjusto 06:34 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Sorry Justin. Please read the rules regarding sourcing Cuban cigars.
Sorry my bad, I will read the rules better next time.
[Reply]
shopkins82 02:01 PM 04-25-2012
In the same vein as Baccarat, I'm enjoying Diamondbacks which can be had for $2 a stick in 5-packs on CBid (around $4-$5 for a single at your B&M). If you like Drew Estates Natural Dirt, check out the Baccarat Maduro... these are harder to find in B&Ms but can be had every few weeks on CBid, usually $2-4 per stick in 5-packs.
[Reply]
363 07:55 AM 05-17-2012
has anyone had a Palma Real? I had someone I work with give me one when he found out I was into cigars and while they are by no means fantastic, I thought that it was a decent go to smoke. I could be way off on whats deemed good but I enjoyed it and at $60 for 50 on ci thats really cheap
[Reply]
czerbe 08:36 AM 05-17-2012
I like the CAO La Traviata one of my Favorite sticks hands down I had an 1844 last night.. wasn't impressed at all
[Reply]
Dave128 08:38 AM 05-17-2012
Cigars International has EST 1844s on sale. All 20 count boxes are currently $49.95. I've never tried them and don't have room for a box, so I picked up a 5er for $15. $3 a stick seemed like a decent deal.
[Reply]
czerbe 09:47 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Cigars International has EST 1844s on sale. All 20 count boxes are currently $49.95. I've never tried them and don't have room for a box, so I picked up a 5er for $15. $3 a stick seemed like a decent deal.
Well I guess thats about what they were $3.00 sticks then they arn't bad just I was looking or more in an AJ stick but at that price not bad to keep around I guess
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:52 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by 363:
has anyone had a Palma Real? I had someone I work with give me one when he found out I was into cigars and while they are by no means fantastic, I thought that it was a decent go to smoke. I could be way off on whats deemed good but I enjoyed it and at $60 for 50 on ci thats really cheap
Hahaha I tried one, once. It was hands down the worst cigar of my life.
I imagine the flavor tasting like smoking a cockroach that was wearing a straw hat. <---nice review, right?
I will never again smoke one. I even skipped their booth at Cigarfest, they can keep them even if they are free.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:51 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I imagine the flavor tasting like smoking a cockroach that was wearing a straw hat. <---nice review, right?
I will never again smoke one. I even skipped their booth at Cigarfest, they can keep them even if they are free.
Damn, that's harsh bro lol
[Reply]
363 11:12 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
well thanks lol
[Reply]
DonniePaul 10:00 PM 05-21-2012
I really like the Padilla Habano. Picked up a box of 20 torpedo from CI on a one day deal last week. $2 a stick. It's a good deal if it rolls around again and I would pay more than that for them. The Nestor Miranda Special Edition Torpedo Rosado 4.0" x 58 are $2 a stick right now too. Picked up 20. Good everyday sticks for the price IMHO.
[Reply]
JCole311 11:40 AM 06-18-2012
Gran Habano Aztecas $49.99 for 25 on Cbid, I think they are a little more in the catalog but not much

a very good flavor, quality construction, beautiful wrapper, and consistent
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:50 PM 06-28-2012
Not sure if I've mentioned these. Forgive me if I had.

But my current two favorite cheap smokes are:

the Iron Horses, at just under $50 a box (on Famous I think. Just about the same price for every size), they're a really tasty "medium-full" stick. Every time I've smoked one I lean back surprised, look at it and nod appreciatively.

and the Roly Torpedos, which I just bought (gasp) another 2 boxes of 100 each of from Thompson at $99 per. They're ugly as home grown sin, spongey as all hell, but they draw nice and fit an light-medium "early day" or "something light and tasty" profile that I reach for quite a bit.
[Reply]
Remo 01:30 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by JCole311:
Gran Habano Aztecas $49.99 for 25 on Cbid, I think they are a little more in the catalog but not much

a very good flavor, quality construction, beautiful wrapper, and consistent
+1 these and the 2002's are great :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:35 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by 363:
well thanks lol
Hey if you enjoy them then you are welcome to them, I wish I liked them as cheap as they are. Smoke them if you like them by all means, we all have different tastes.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:42 PM 06-28-2012
Now I'm by no means a Gurkha fan, but I've found that some of the Gurkha Empire series are ok sticks. I forgot what numbers, but the darker ones seem to have a decent flavor. If you can snag 'em on the devil site for about $2 per, it's a pretty good deal.
[Reply]
CigarDojo 06:02 PM 07-03-2012
I have to say... anything from Gran Habano is awesome in my opinion. Their cigars are cheap and they never let me down. I recently tried their Azteca and it was delicious.
[Reply]
shopkins82 07:03 AM 07-06-2012
It's already on the list, but I just picked up a bundle of Flor de Oliva Petit Torpedos. The flavor is great, with a mild sweetness that doesn't come off as artificially sweetened (even though I'm pretty sure it is). That said, I'm 4-sticks into the bundle and every single stick is packed EXTREMELY densely in the foot making for an EXTREMELY tough draw. I smoke these at the office, so I've fashioned a draw tool out of an unfolded paper clip and it's the only way I can loosen these up enough to get a decent draw. It's like the roller put the same amount of tobacco in the tapered foot of a torpedo as would normally be there in the foot of a Robusto, making it extremely densely packed.

If I pick up another bundle, I'll likely go with the Robusto or Toro... but something like the C'est La Vie Sweet from CI might be my next cheap sweet bundle.
[Reply]
363 08:06 PM 07-07-2012
Originally Posted by CigarDojo:
I have to say... anything from Gran Habano is awesome in my opinion. Their cigars are cheap and they never let me down. I recently tried their Azteca and it was delicious.
I agree!:-)
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 08:34 PM 07-22-2012
Don Francisco in East Brunswick NJ sells a in house cigar $2 its a pretty short smoke. Picked up a bundle of 25 today.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 7151617 1819 > Last »
Up